I’ve opened this thread to spark a lively discussion about the prospect of playing World of Warcraft on consoles, particularly on Xbox. Among my friends, there’s a buzz of excitement about this idea. They dream of having a “one-box” solution for all their gaming needs, similar to how Final Fantasy is playable with a gamepad and keyboard on consoles.
My own experiences with Final Fantasy on PlayStation using a keyboard were super comfy. Playing TESO with a gamepad showed me that a different combat system can still be a blast. Just imagine WoW in this setup!
Imagine a world where you can jump into WoW and other titles on one console, always updated and ready to roll. And think about the cherry on top: integration with Xbox Pass!
Gameplay Specifics with a Gamepad:
- Demon Hunter (Both Specs): Perfect for gamepad play! No need to target allies and the AOE skills feel just right on a console. Plus, their mobility makes up for any gamepad reaction time issues.
- Evoker (Damage Spec): Almost perfect, although some targeted support skills might need tweaking. Their main combat mechanics and attack skills are a dream on a gamepad (hold and vibrate!).
- Death Knight (Frost): Few skills, no ally targeting, strong self-saves - it’s a good fit. Mobility’s a bit of a downside.
- Rogue (All Specs): Gamepad-friendly skills, fantastic mobility, and the ability to sneak around adds to the fun. Only one critical skill targets allies.
- Warrior: Shares similar perks and challenges with the Rogue.
- Targeting at a distance and quick player selection can be tricky.
- Healing with a gamepad? That’s a tough nut to crack.
- More non-target mechanics or a smart assistant for target selection would be cool.
- Add-ons to simplify action choices? Why not!
- Rethinking healing for console, maybe full AI control for target selection.
- Balancing cross-play to keep the playing field even for all.
Can’t wait to hear your thoughts and ideas on this exciting possibility!