World of Warcraft: The Dragonflight Codex-Review/Context/Spoiler?

So just finished reading World of Warcraft: The Dragonflight Codex, and I must say I am disappointed…90% of the book is just copy pasted lore from other sources. We legit learn NOTHING new on the main five flights, or the other lesser flights (apart from elemental dragons like storm drakes.)

Hell page about frostbrood is a half page and 90% of it consists of arthas and his lore, and last 3 lines goes by like: Fearsome skeletal dragons indeed!

Dracthyr page, likewise, gives no info on their lifespan, biology, their immortality or mortality, or anything comparable to such. Only new lore in the book was regarding the lifespan of whelp maturity, origins of elemental dragons…and well, some minor lore on pandaria serpents…Thats about it! Don’t reccomend it…

I didn’t even notice that it existed, but I’m not surprised. In the last years pretty much all the lore books they released have been wastes of time. You wanted some lore about the state of Azeroth in “Exploring Azeroth”? Nah, you’ll get a description of the 12 year old state you see in the game. You wanted some worldbuilding fluff from Fairytales of Azeroth? Nah, they’ll mostly referring to events of the last few years and more interested in the current plot, with lessons made for… well, western human kids. Chronicles? Reduced to stuff some non-disclosed titan-aligned entity believes, and thus pretty useless to either understand the world your character lives through, or the “objective” truth about the world of Warcraft. Same for the Shadowlands variant that was pretty much some Broker’s musings, as far as I understand.

The more they released, the less they said.

So yeah, you can be disappointed. And save your money next time by never preordering and making sure that the content is something you actually want. Maybe future releases under changed story leadership will be better, but no need to gamble on that.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I wanted to write this, also left a review on google store >.> I rather not have people waste money.

1 Like

Amen, you weird little man. Too true.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.