World PvP a complete joke

Completely no balance at all. Pick the right class and gear to win. Group with the right other class. No skills required. I win button.

3 Likes

It’s awesome, lovin the SL WPvP so far!

7 Likes

Confused about this post.
Yes, gear matters in an MMO.
Always has, always will.
Second of, if a duo who knows what they’re doing is wrecking havoc in WPvP it’s either a l2p issue or a coordination issue.
That seems like a duo of arena players who are quite experienced.

Basically just stun someone then burst them down. Dead in 2 seconds. Rinse and repeat. You see some classes can burst you in two seconds if you have full pvp gear and 18% versatility. You can win one vs one if they make mistakes by healing. The second you are stunned. Then you are straight away dead. Even if you trinket.

Hate SL w-pvp so far, everyones being a sour puss and grouping and it kills that delightful dynamic experience of encountering other players.

1 Like

Giving Rogues AoE Cheap Shot should fix it.

3 Likes

What’s killing me is that a lvl 51 shaman with 14k hp was much more powerful than a 35k hp one at lvl 60. Again it’s the same fun stuff BFA started with. Recently I also killed a lvl 50 DK with a lvl 35 BM hunter. Sure, he was bad but that’s just silly.

PvP scaling was removed though wasn’t it? If you’re level 35 killing 50s he must be bad. Also hunters are pretty op

Also loving shadowlands PvP !

3 Likes

Awesome, ye it’s a really good start.

Other silly stuff like a holy priest winning 1 vs 3. Two die and one runs. Then gets basically one shot by a hunter in another wpvp event, in full pvp gear. Basically there was no attempt at all at balance. Two shamans destory as well.

It’s definitely not removed if a lvl 51 shaman loses 20% hp from me casting rsk, fof and xuen and hits me with lava burst for 30% of my hp, while healing his paladin friend for like 30%-40% hp with a single riptide. It is EXACTLY the same stuff that I was doing on my sub rogue at the start of BFA, nuking lvl 120 hordes in 2 seconds as lvl 111 but I felt very killable and if they caught me in a stun i was dead. This felt like trying to kill a mythic geared healer while you are in blues.

my 181 warrior still dies under one 150ilvl rogue, or monk, or pal, or hunter, or dk, or druid lol

I like SL PVP. Every class can “one-shot” and things die fast. Rogues can kill me in cheap shot + kidney shot but if I see them first then I can kill them just as fast. It seems balanced. I hated BFA PVP because in Ashran, for example, you could fight for 1+ hour because nothing can be killed and every damage could be out healed. Also, I remember being a guardian druid in WPVP during BFA and 5 people couldn’t kill me but now 2 people are enough to kill me even if one of them are not lvl 60. And I like it and I hope that it will stay that way without turning this game into BFA 2.0.

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s only pre-patch. I’m sure it will all be fixed and balanced when SL hits the live servers.

So far so good, imo.
Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

Balance aside (wpvp is jungle rules, I don’t expect balance / fair fights), I have to admit I’m enjoying how vibrant wpvp has been.

H-A distribution has been good so far.
People aren’t hesitant to get stuck in.
Can’t let your guard down for a second or you’ll wake up dead.
I’m still chill levelling & can hold my own (mostly).

Getting insta-deleted now is no worse than it ever was, imo (‘it’s just prepatch’ / op corruption / op Az traits / op trinkets / fotms / outgeared / outnumbered
).

2 Likes

I was literally chilling earlier on my resto Druid.
Had a warrior, shadow priest and a Dk attacking my Druid and I just kept hopping around and out healing their damage.
They got me low at one point and all I had to do was pop tree form and spam instant casts again like roots.

Started to get bored so I put dots on them and the DK and warrior died. Lol.

Much balance, if I can do that much damage as a resto then I can only imagine what a boomkin is like.

It applies in arena as well. I guess you will have to just learn. When you meet ppl who can pvp well and they just camp you and delete you every time you respawn. Also I hope they repeat that until the penny drops for you. That you just cant win.

I’m not denying some specs have ridiculous 1-shot burst & I’m not justifying it.
I’m just saying for me, it’s no different than the balance during pre-patch, or the balance with corruption, or op Az traits &etc. A 1-shot is a 1shot & I’m kinda numb to it now.

Gimme a shout if you’re getting corpse camped, I’m usually up for a scrap between bg’s.

So you admit to having no skill and you need one shots.
Ic.