Worth to main warrior?

Hey.I want to main one class (dps) for all expansion.I dont like to change class every expansion,i want to focus on 1.Worth to main warrior? Warrior was good every expansion?It is good for solo content,farming,bg and m+ not higher than 15.Ty

just roll hunter,mage, or druid and be happy with your game and life. There is no need to roll to warrior atm unless you like to suffer getting into groups or guilds.

6 Likes

Druid will definitely make your life easier all the time.
Warrior right now is top tier for PvP but decent/mediocre elsewhere.

It’s good in PvP but in PvE it is the worst class, all three specs.

hunter was good in every expansion?

I think at this point it’s worth looking long term. Traditionally at least one of the Warrior specs is a 100% invite to raids and even though both specs are undertuned in raids right now (even after buffs) Arms was still very popular and common in the world first race due to Execute/Condemn being strong for Sire Denathrius, if the numbers are more competitive in the next patch Warriors will be very desirable.

Arms is also usually very good in PvP and right now it’s amazing, Fury is just meme in BG’s with hilariously good mobility but not much else. DPS Warriors have never been meta in M+, but they have always been pretty good, that was not the case earlier in this expansion though but Fury after buffs is now a really popular spec for M+ due to good AOE and awesome survival, for M15 it’s more than fine.

And solo content is whatever, all classes can do that but yeah Warrior does well, Torghast is easy as Warrior.

1 Like

From what I remember during ToS every group was running arms, and every mdi team had an arms warrior. He was meta back then, but i can’t remember any other time when warrior was that good.

You might be right, I actually stopped playing right around the launch of TOS and returned at the end of expansion to do mage tower on alts. But in a general sense, Warrior hasn’t been the most attractive M+ spec over the years, good but never best.

Maybe TOS period was different, I don’t know.

It was great as i were playing arms, felt great, but outside of that one season warriors were never meta, always great damage wise, but lacks utility to fight with dh(not in SL as we know what blizzard done to them) and rogues.

Rogue is better than warrior? In SL we dont need shroud.So what utility have rogue?

Go for it who cares , warrior is damn fun

1 Like

i like arms.Torghast, m+ and solo.But i dont like protection.For that idk what to main :frowning:

Sap, Blind, Cheap Shot, Kidney Shot, Gouge. Shroud is still valuable, allows people to use a dps instead of invis which is great. You have the option of crippling or mind-numbing poison the latter of which is unique to Rogue.

Feint for damage reduction and 2 immunes with cheat death + cloak. And to top it off Outlaw has some of the best AOE damage in the game with 3yard advantage over all other melee (which is huge) and just as good mobility as Warriors. In raids Rogues weren’t valuable for the world first race but they have always been good in M+ and the future looks decent for rogues in raiding, it’s all subject to raid design.

I play Outlaw too, it ain’t perfect but it’s nice and no surprise it’s one of the top M+ specs.

You will love the warrior class this expansion.In pvp and also with the new Battlelord legendary buff in pve very soon. dont look back, just go.

3 Likes

Play what you like, bro.

Warriors are rarely the Meta as such

however, Warriors most of the time are solid performers, u arent going to be a burden playing one in a group.

Yes if u enjoy warrior, its worth rolling warrior and overall you’ll be fine doing that.

tbh while going through classes as i’ve geared them (done 9 characters now) I’ve found the DPS Disparity between most classes in normal enviroments arent that massively apart.

the largest DPS loss in M+ is Tanks not pulling around CDs.
the largest DPS loss in raiding is Flopping dead mid way through.

U can roll a Fire mage, and never see the fruits of its “potiental DPS” because in your average group Fire mage doesnt work properly. same surrounding Boomkins.

MM hunters can fall under this bracket but not as much. however what can perform really well in your average group is good sustained Damage with Easily recharged CDs I.E Warriors, Outlaw Rogues, Unholy DKs.

because we dont rely on the tank to pull in a certain fashion to be able to consistently do our DPS. so no, u wont do 30k DPS In the right circumstances. however classes such as the Fire Mage wont ever get the Right circumstances to do the 30k either.

Moral of the story if TL;DR

FoTMs in the top 1%s and MDIs are there because its a top 1% Organised group. Dont solely base ur decisions or mindset surrounding those U wont replicate what they’re doing. play whatever class u enjoy and maximise that class.

2 Likes

If you like it then yes.

But you should really think if you would like the class if it got nerfed alot.

I mained warrior almost whole BFA and played it at the beginning of Shadowlands but I just got bored while playing idk. I also wanted to be able to have a cast heal so I rolled a paladin and I don’t regret it.

I like hybrid classes cuz you have the option do tank, heal and dps. Maybe you should try on of those if you want to be able to switch between specs?

Tricky question to answer. I have a hunter alt, I find everything on hunter easier, I play warrior because I like the fantasy, I been playing it the most this expansion because of that fact too.
Also tank spec.

Do you want to pvp? then yes.

Do you want to pve? then no.

1 Like

Save yourself the frustration.
If you’re very good mechanically then yes, warrior can be good, especially in 2v2, however, if you want to press one button and see how enemies melt, choose either druid, pala or mage.
It’s just soooooo frustrating to play warrior now, so punishing, one mistake and a rogue / fire mage comp will just bend you over.