WotLK Classic - More Attetnion?

Either that or they exaggerated the real numbers of bans. It wouldn’t be the first time in history that big corporations exaggerate numbers in their non financial reports, knowing that auditors are not gonna bother with those (and these weren’t even that, they literally were just a tweet, so I doubt investors would even care considering most of them prolly have highly diversified portfolios and aren’t gonna bother with the tweet feed of one of the hundreds of firms they invest into).

You know, about the bans … the issue is in the wording …

They say something like “over the past few weeks we banned ALMOST 120K accounts” … and then they say they ban almost 10k every week …

Does that mean that nothing changed, “past few week” being 12 and they ban 10k every week …
How much is almost ? If you ban 10k every week, banning 100K isnt that big of an achievement … if you ban 100 every week, then 100K is big …
Is almost 119K or 70K ?

I am noone, random dude who doesnt even have time to play … and I have 6 active accounts … another half a dozen that I dont use and maybe another 5-6 that I could theoretically log into if blizz didnt misplace them again …
Thats 20 accounts …

Now imagine actual profitable bot farmer, they must have hundred accounts at least …
And noone says how they ban them … that 10k per week, it can be one and the same guy, who just gets his bot farm banned and immediately creates hundred new accounts …

Yes, they said almost 120k accounts.
No, they never said almost 10k every week. They wrote in other words that they ban around 10k each week.

It means they are banning around 10k accounts each week and this time they did “a bigger” ban of almost 120k.

That’s a question only Aggrend (the dev that wrote it) can answer you. You can assume its at least above 115k if they they didn’t exaggerate for some reason.

That’s 10 weeks of banning. Proportionally that’s a lot.

I’m not entirely sure what the point here is? I guess that’s good? I don’t know.

Yes, absolutely! You found the issue here.
100k+ is just nothing in Classic WoW. Due to the high demand of GDKPs (it is not a reason but a catalyst) and millions of golds spend each day there are so many bots.
I even know someone that is actively botting and he has at least 400 accounts that I am aware of.

This is not a private server - the amount of bots Blizzard has to deal each day over hundreds of servers is insane and Blizzard is well aware of this.
I’m not defending them here but it isn’t as easy as just saying “Ok let’s just put a GM and ban everyone that acts like a bot” as many dads play like a bot and you would ban a potential client. At the end you have to deal with his ticket or he just quits and neither option is satisfying for Blizzard.

If they want to really want to do something against botting they either have to ban GDKPs (which is almost impossible, let’s be real) or implement something that can detect bots to around 99% (would require them to use resources to implement something that potentially removes their income which is pretty unlikely)

This is in addition to our usual, ongoing banwaves, which often include actions against tens of thousands of accounts per week.

Its to give people some reference, lots of people still think 1 acc = 1 person …

GMs ingame wouldnt magically solve everything, but it would be something … now there is basically 0 threat to anyone cheating/botting/abusing exploits or bugs and with bugs blizz basically allows it, as we have seen many times …
But if there was chance of random dude magically appearing above you and nuking your whole bot army, it might deter at least some people from doing it …

As it is now, there is 0 reason to not break the rules …

Hopefully not, the hardest part is length of raid, not the encounters. Only SSC/TK got nerfed when it was relevant, and it was a special case because it was killing the game with so many guilds hard stuck on the last bosses.

I do hope it’s gonna get some more exciting soon!

1 Like

Always prepare for the worst. You might get positively surprised, at worst your expectations will be met, but you will never be disappointed.

1 Like
1 Like

Not expecting the absolute worst is the first mistake of “expecting nothing”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.