WotLK Classic

You want 8-15 minute Bossfights without any challenging mechanics or multiple phases?
That just makes it dull and boring, not challenging.

WotLK will bring The Immortal, Obsidian +3, Ulduar HM, Yogg+0, Algalon, Tribute to Insanity, ICC HC - plenty of challenges

1 Like

You overestimate Wotlk naxxramas. It won’t be 8 min fight. It will be like 4 min instead of 2.

i just checked old videos from youtube

Patchwerk 25hc: 3:55min
KT 25hc: ~8min

If you overrun normal bosses when you’re overgeared, sure it will be 2 minutes.

I do not know. I would argue it is good for two things that outweighs the cons by a large margin :

• It remove the discrimination factor from players (achiev / ilvl / meta class only etc). You mentioned/ praise M+ and how it works in retail but for me it is a total failure.

• it improve participation in the content and respects player’s time. No one has fun waiting 3hours to form a group that might disband on the first wipe.

1 Like

Eh, you cant really count that because it takes almost 4 minutes for the phase 1 that will always take the same amount of time due to being scripted.
I am also confident to say that back in the days in those videos people weren’t good enough, and the current crowd with the bis lists can make it much better. Even if you buff his HP and damage twice people will still kill him with gear from heroic dungeons and crafts with no issues.

1 Like

That is true and a problem of current min-maxing culture. If you randomize your group, you avoid that - but this will increase the amount of people leaving on the first wipe even more.

Participation in the content will be the same. The players want play the content because it is fun and/or it has good rewards.
You dont have to wait longer in a manual group finder. I remember in WotLK LFD as a DPS Role you were waiting for 20-30minutes, while Tanks and Healers are almost instant.

Fast travel is not a “respecting player time”. It pulls players out of the open world and makes it appear less populated and alive.
Literally every area in WotLK was dead and meaningless, besides Dalaran.

Yeah but Patchwerk and other fights without scripted stuff also took 3:30 to 4:30, which is totally fine.

This is not 2005 and dial-up internet anymore, theorycrafting and guides were way more popular.
Not as much as today, right. But it won’t be as much as a difference than it was in classic wow.

Naxx was considered easy back then and it will be again. That’s how it was tuned.
But there was exclusive stuff like “The immortal”, that was very hard and still will be.

No, it’s not hard. It’s very easy except the RNG part on Razuvious.

Well then, lets hit a sack of flesh for 8 instead of 4 minutes. I’m sure this will be very fun

I played on TBC private servers with overtuned Bosses (mostly just more hp) and spoiler alert: It’s boring.

I dont like Wotlk classic. A classic edition with a LFG tool? The whole point of WoW classic is to go back. Before LFG tools.

If there is wotlk (or should I say, when) then I hope that at the very least its LFG tool won’t be auto-teleporting you in the instance.

WotLK stopped being classic by the end, that’s the problem.

Started removing fun abilities mid expansion too.

YEAH!! i want mah pally to have Seal of Blood in revamped NAXXRAMAS!!

1 Like

Source for this? I thought it was just to replay a game you couldn’t play anymore, which qualifies every expansion besides shadowlands.

it’s going to be garbage 
utter
 garbage! , becuase all the data there using is from retail and retail has put old content in the shredder and taped together with new peaces that dont fit.

1 Like

WOTLK was definitely the best expansion in my view, but once you hit max level that’s when the problems really began. The teleporting to dungeons was probably the biggest contributing factor to me leaving WoW shortly after, and never coming back, until the release of WoW classic.

At the end of WOTLK I found my playtime in WoW consisted of just standing in the ‘same place’ in Stormwind, teleporting to dungeons and back. I remember standing there thinking what has this game become, the entire world has just become pointless. I wished for the good old days of riding to places like the Scarlet Monastery.

I certainly hope ‘when’ they do WOTLK that dungeon teleporting is NOT included!!

It was also the overall trend of just trying to make everything as streamlined and fast as possible so you could just keep grinding. AV was a symptom of that, I loved the older version where matches took a long time complete. The new version was designed to be finished as soon as possible so you could just jump into the next one. In classic WoW i did one AV, it was the most pathetic experience ever, both sides ran past each other straight to the opposing base, with it then being just a race to see who could kill the npc’s first. It lasted about 15mins maximum
absolute Joke. So i’d love to see an earier version of AV introduced. If it takes longer you just need to increase the honor gain so that people don’t feel like they are wasting their time. I’m sure it could be balanced so that playing a 3hr AV is as productive as playing twelve 15 minute AV’s!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.