WOTLK Servers going forward

I love Wrath and Classic HC and want to just carry on playing both , but if they shut down the WOTLK servers and replace them with the horrid expansion that is Cataclysm then I’ll be cancelling my subs …

11 Likes

Yes, actually I was talking with a friend that playing Cata is support greedy decisions from Blizzard.
Its obvious that Cataclysm survey had bias, they assumed you dont want to play wotlk anymore.
They are only concern about sell epic/heroic editions of cataclysm. They want give reasons to who purchase to buy the same editions of pandaria and so on. They are chasing the dream of selling wow each year. For that reason, they force the others to play with the purcharsers in the expansions. In other words having WotLK era server will canibalize this sales, not directly, but offering poor conditions to cata realms.
Blizzard dont care risk of losing subs because they are aware most of the people are fan boys and probably wont stop subbing just becuase killing wotlk, after all they have other versions, and they trust that ppl will migrate to other versions.

In addition I am tired of awfull Battle.net app performance on updating. I used to critic LoL for that. I used to say how game with 35GB+ can be updated in muntes compared with 10GB game. Riot plz. Now guess who with even spagetti code can update faster than Blizzard games.

2 Likes

Looks like you will be cancelling your sub then.

5 Likes

you know that players only require an active wow subscription to play classic versions of the game, you don’t need to buy the specific expansions. So blizzard not really selling you anything new with the upcoming expansions. Blizzards goal is to keep players entertained in the game and to keep them paying the monthly sub, so they have to release new content or they will lose playerbase slowly. (as it happening in wrath already numbers are going down every week as the current content is getting boring)

Why would a dead expansion be a threat to cataclysm?
I mean there is not even a massive outcry about not having a wrath era. There are only a handful of naysayers campaigning against cata on multiple alts spamming threads.
I usually bring up the petition for wrath realms which was made by this community and was posted multiple times here still only at ~750 signs in 5 months. Which makes it pretty obvious that wrath is the only threat to classic at the moment and not the upcoming cataclysm expansion.

Blizzard already lost a handful of players from classic because of bad decisions like releasing SoD in the middle of icc progression, or releasing the icc buff way too early and then announcing cataclysm like a year before it will get released or not banning bots daily from battlegrounds etc.

why would “fanboys” stop subbing? i mean we are getting a new expansion which brings lots of changes, new things to do/achieve, we can play the game daily again instead of raidlogging.

Yeah lately battlenet feels sluggish.

99% of players gonna quit when Cata arrives. 1% are retail fanboys and GDKP slaves.

3 Likes

bad_troll_lies.png

1 Like

srsly ban that dum trol

So many players asking to stay on this server but company is tone deaf. Shaking my head in horror! :scream:

1 spammer on 10x toons its not what id call “MANY”

Bro, everyone is spammer to you. There aren’t even people who played Wrath. There wasn’t even Wrath, right? It was all over Cata from very start. You defly need to check yourself, too much paranoia.
Go take a peak to US forums how much ppl want perma wrath.

Well, it was good as long as it lasted, I deleted my hunter on Wrath Classic and uninstalled the game. Cata was the reason I stopped playing for a long time and I’m not going to watch that dumpster fire again.

Edit: Just to make sure - I will not stop playing Retail, I wait anxiously the Pandaria Remix and this game still has a lot to offer. But Classic ends here for me.

YEah i checked, same as here, few people with tons of low lvl twinks spaming same BS and they got mocked for that hard by real players.
Cant belive any1 who protecting wotlk if he doin it w/o lvl 80 and atleast average gear that need atleast some effort to get, like t10 parts or s8 shoulders for pvprs, that showing that they did atleast some raiding/dungeon grinding/arenas.
And i barely saw such people bumping those necro threads about keeping wotlk realms, its only low lvl toons. Exactly same on US.

Not alot of people go out their way to engage in forum discussion and/or petitions. However from my POV 90% of the people i play with wants wotlk to stay, so to me its insane not to keep atleast one or two servers up :slight_smile:

Hopefully the amount of subs dropping once cata prepatch launches will be enough for them to take wotlk servers into consideration

1 Like

This is my main ftr

At least there are more Wrath defenders than Cata trolls and that warms my heart. I didn’t read what all else you say because I know you’re known troll from Forum tribe around here, so all what you say is irrelevant. There’s demand for Wrath and that’s real fact! You can only troll and lie further but numbers are showing up!

2 Likes

Funny since all those 10 low lvls who spam same wotlk bs its you ,delosional boy.

You see this? No one cares. The fact that you have to announce your sub cancel is just asking for attention :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Mate your trolling post quota for today is met. Go outside, touch grass, go back to warmane and quit classic already :joy:

1 Like

Nobody cares if we lose another warrior player pack ur bags and gtfo from the game go play minecraft you can rebuild wotlk there

People who say they stopped playing after Wrath are essentualy LFD enjoyers who only liked easy badged for being carried by guys in raiding gear. Remember that we didn’t had Gammas back then and LFD was even more easier. Also most of them are ToC and ICC - 30% laid back raiders, so when harder Cata heroics were introduced for people who missed difficult heroics from TBC, Wrath babies started the outcry.