WotLK - Weak Aura conditional check for talents

Hi!
I am trying to make a Weak Aura that shows health of the target. This part works fine.

But I also want it to play a sound if the health is below X% if I have talent Y.

For example:
If I have the talent Dirty Deeds (rogue) it will play a sound when target is below 35%.
If I have the talent Unstable Affliction (lock) it will play a sound when the target is below 25%.
I do this by Triggers and conditions. But I need a custom function for it to work.

Can I get that to work? And if so, how?
I’ve been trying to use the if select(4, GetTalentInfo(1,1,1)) = True function but the talent logic seem to be different in WotLK so it gets the “wrong” talents, if any.

Is there a way to use a “text” parameter to see if a specific talent is active?

Under Load conditions you can specify spell known.

Yes, but that only works if the spell is “specific” and it isn’t.
For Rogue, there is no such spell.
For a lock, all specs know Drain Soul (the execute spell) but it’s mostly relevant for Aff.

That is why I need a talent check for different classes so I can see if it is a main Arms/Affliction/Retripaladin etc.

Also there’s no point messing around with talents:

Cheers for the IsSpellKnown.
Unf. Dirty Deeds is not a spell, it’s a talent so it does not work.
IsSpellKnown returns false no matter if I check for the Rank 1 och Rank 2 version.

It work on a Spell like Unstable Affliction (if you check for the right rank of it).

So back at the start, I want to check for a talent if possible.

I don’t think classic talents really have any identifiers other than their index in the respective talent tree. You could try using GetTalentInfo to check the rank of a talent at a certain tab/talent index.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.