Would clusters save the realm?

ERA wow has realm type populations merged, so that you can all stay on the realm you want, but still have others to engage with.

Could this be a method to revive the realm without disrupting current communities?
What do you think?

2 Likes

Clusters are generally a much better idea than a merge or a “k thx bye” shutdown. It would increase the population of those who can play together, would allow the community to remain in one place and keep their names, guild banks … and money (that they might need to transfer).
I don’t know how this is done “channelwise” or LFG-tool-wise. These would be thrown together to make it effective, right? If so, I’d have my objections against this idea, at least based on the situation we have right now - for Celebras and HW it would have been worth a shot. For Zandalar Tribes this would have been awful again - because of the PVP tag the realm had.
But, and it’s no minor buts, from player and development perspective:

1. It would bring people together who didn’t chose to play together. It would dilute the communities, would change the climate, the expectations. What realms would there be to be thrown into a cluster anyways?
  2. Doesn’t generate money. So don’t FCTs. But the efforts to cluster realms are so much bigger than to just “press the button” for free transfers. They were available. They can be made available again without a fuss. Without binding resources. Better results.

I’d rather have people chose the home of their toons rather than being forced again into a trapping situation. If they don’t like the clustering, they would only have the chance to move out of it completely, eliminating a few target realms they could move to.

If we had to chose: “Cluster or shutdown”, my answer is clear. Cluster. But as long as there’s an easier option, like FCT: I’d give my vote to that. Repeatedly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.