WOW 2.0 Personal project for Blizzard

Dear Blizzard,
I write this post to explain what is my general overview and what are my personal suggestions for the next Blizzard “World of Warcraft” game. We all know that World of Warcraft is not going to last forever and that is why here I write my opinion of what the game developers could do when the game reaches its end.
I think that a new game could be created. We could call it “WOW 2.0” in this post, even we all know this is not going to be the official name because it sucks. This game could offer the players a new experience of uncertainty, like the one lived during the release of Wow Classic 15 years ago, but at the same time it could be an interesting way of making both retail and classic wow players play the same game.
So one of the pillars of WOW 2.0 should be creating content similar to the one of WOTLK (Probably one of the best moments that the game has experienced in terms of sales, income and active players). Something similar to WOTLK, could join both types of players and make them play together in this new online adventure. With this, I basically mean that some features from retail could be combined with features of the first expansions. (To put you in context, I´m a wow player, LORE enjoyer who has been playing this game from 2005 (Classic) to 2013 (End of CATA) and from 2019 onwards with WOW classic. I consider myself an oldschool player who enjoys the original game and on the other hand I dont like anymore retail and what is actually happening with the game for many reasons, but I admit that there are some good things too).
The second pillar of WOW 2.0 should be to focus in the LORE of the game. I personally think that the theme of this new MMO should start with the first great war between humans and orcs, the one that we saw in the movie. The game should be inspired in Warcraft 1, and all the events that took place during that era. It would also be interesting to add more content to the story.
Now that I have explained the two main pillars of WOW 2.0, I am going to briefly explain in this post what could the content of the game include:

1. Regarding the maps and the regions of WOW 2.0, I would include only the Eastern Kingdoms with the Dark Portal and the primal dark world of Draenor. The Eastern Kingdoms would be incomplete as in Wow Classic, avoiding zones like Quel´Thalas or maybe some other territories, who knows. There would be seven different kingdoms representing the Alliance with seven HUMAN different playable races: The kingdom of Stormwind (Main race), the Kingdom of Kul Tiras, The Kingdom of Stromgarde, The Kingdom of Dalaran, Gilneas, Stratholme and Lordaeron. Dwarfs and elves could also appear as npcs (I dont know if it would be interesting to have Ironforge, Grim Batol or Black Mountain in the release version but they could be added lately).
    When mentioning the Orcs, they would have all the continent of Draenor and some towns in the southern part of the Eastern Kingdoms. There would also be seven clans representing the Horde with seven ORC different playable races: The shadowmoon clan with Ner´zhul, the Warsong clan with Grom Hellscream, the Sthattered Hand clan with Kargath, the Bleeding Hollow clan with Kilrogg, etc.
    Both factions would start their leveling experience in their own continents but they could then face each other in the southern part of the Eastern Kingdoms. Once they reach the top levels (Level 50) they could then start moving to each other regions, running harder dungeons, playing world pvp, massive battlegrounds or extreme quests.
  2. In terms of the races & classes, I think that each different race should have different classes and their own specific racial habilities like in Wow classic. Each Human and Orc race could have their own specific reputation, mounts, items, quests, dungeons and equipment apart from their own LORE. I would keep some of the World of Warcraft Classic classes but I would also add some new ones to make the game different. I think that classes like the Warrior, the priest, the mage, the shaman, the paladin and the hunter could stay. I would maybe add a custodian, a squire/knight or minstrel for the Alliance and a oracle, explorer and gladiator for the Horde.
  3. Dungeons and raids. I would include several dungeons and raids around both the Eastern Kingdoms and Draenor but avoiding repeating the same content of Wow Classic/retail. I think that it would be very interesting to revamp the world, including different ambiences for each region, different colors, different music, different towns and dungeons/raids.
  4. Game difficulty. I personally dislike retail for many reasons and this is why I think WOW 2.0 should not make some of the mistakes from the actual game (With this I dont mean the game is bad, but I just dont like several things). The main problem of WOW is that the retail players are casual players mainly, who have joined the game from other different games like League of Legends, etc. and they just want to play maximum 2-3h per day, meanwhile WOW Classic offered a gaming experience for Hardcore players who want to play days and weeks dont bothering about the time they spend on it. This is why, as I have mentioned before, WOW 2.0 should should merge both versions of the game making both types of players want to play the game. (Probably a good way of solving this, maybe it´s impossible but who knows, would be to add a feature of changing difficulty or tutorial advices so that both kind of players enjoy the game.
    I could stay for hours and hours writing more stuff that I have been thinking during the last years for this possible future project, but Im realistic and I know that any player or Blizzard employee will ever read this, so I just leave the post here.
    BLIZZARD, if you are interested with this, just respond to the post. It is true that I have not studied video games design, but my dream would be to work in a project like this. I studied a double degree of Business Administration and Marketing plus a Global Sports Marketing Master.
    Give me your opinion about this!
    Thanks to everyone!! :smile:
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.