WOW Action Cam Keybind | Controller(joystick) support needed

Hello Blizz

It’s 2023 already and things are keep changing with new systems and i would like to request 2 new thing added to the game, Controller support & keyboard+mouse keybinding option.

With controller, if possible, could blizz please make a fully fuctional X-box controller keybinds? In a way so that there should be 0 need of use of Keyboard & mouse.
|Exmple|

1. Left Stick : Character - Movements
  2. Left Stick click: Interactions with object & NPCs
  3. Directional-pad: Character stats | Spell Book | Telents | Bag
  4. Right Stick: Camera direction | item/object selectin fro menu|bag…so on
  5. LT|LB|RT|RB + XYAB: (68 key combinations!!!) [(4²+1)x4]
    X
    X+LT
    X+LB
    X+RT
    X+RB
    X+LT+LB
    X+LT+RT
    X+LT+RB
    X+LB+RT
    X+LB+RB
    X+RT+RB
    X+LT+LB+RT
    X+LT+LB+RB
    X+RT+RB+LT
    X+RT+RB+LB
    X+LB+RT+RB
    X+LT+LB+RT+RB

So on with Y, A and B…

Same can be done with Keyboard & Mouse too but much more!!!
By putting aside WASD for movement and Mouse to change camera direction many keybinds can be set like this [ML = Mouse Left | MB = Mouse Right]:

• Q+ML
  • Q+MR
  • Q+ML+MR
  • Q+Shift+ML
  • Q+shift+MB

So on with E, R, T, F, Space, X, C, V…
then there is 0 - 9 number keybinds, F1 - F12 for other stuffs and much more…

Basically, i would like to request a complete freedom for keybinding in Action Combat mode.

Aside from being able to natively select item in your bags and mess up in menus, you can already do all this with the integrated controller support to the game. It require you to set it up, but once it’s done, it’s done.

Console Port (addon) on his side has adapted the interface to being able to navigate in it with a controller and the devs are updating it frequently so it’s now pretty good at it.

The two combined are able to help you achieve what you want.

As for that:

I personnally did it by modifying an old abandonned addon called Mouselook Handler. It works for me, but unfortunately, it’s no where near polished enough to post it on Curseforge, but combined to the Action Mode, i achieve to have a gameplay similar to Guild Wars 2 or TESO Action combat and have spells tied to my mouse clics.

It would require me to do some cleaning in the code, to incorporate external custom code to it and to create a real crosshair instead of being tied to a custom weak aura, and i need to find a work around to be able to precisely snap the cursor to the middle of the screen, cause moving the cursor by code is technically protected to avoid cheating.

1 Like

I would love to see the polished verson of this addon inside WOW itself if possible. This days almost every MMO has controller & Mouse-click-binding options and i am very much used to it… Specially when i play BDO.

I do think myself that it’s an essential part of any modern MMO today to have a proper Action Combat to be considered fluid. Before DF beta, i even considered old games like DDO (D&D Online) better rounded than Wow in term of micro gameplay loop because of it. And to be fair, since DF beta, i just can’t enjoy Wow Classic for this exact same reason, a problem that is fixed with the next patch on WOTLK, since it is updated to the Dragonflight API, which include Controller support, Action Combat and the interact button, as well as quick keybinds and other QoL improvements.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.