(Blizzard marked solution = a lie)Wow causes whole system to freeze reboot required NO SOLUTION YET! happens on multiple full AMD systems NO SOLUTION FOR 510+ DAYS

My game hasn’t frozen so badly that it would require a reboot, but I experienced a 30-60 second freeze yesterday after which my game assets reloaded. Event Viewer reported Event ID 0 and 1401, both related to nvlddmkm.

My PC is only 20 days old and I haven’t had any freezes or crashes with much more demanding games than WoW, so I can only assume there’s some kind of incompatibility with NVIDIA’s newest drivers and the latest patch of WoW. Might also be related to DirectX 12.

I’ve since updated my GRD drivers to 531.26 and ran sfc /scannow to repair some corrupted files, so we’ll see if it happens again.

RTX 3070 (531.18 GRD Drivers)
Ryzen 7 5800X
16 GB RAM
Windows 11 64-bit

Update
It just happened again, same exact error as before. It happened when I spoke to an NPC while my Firefox was loading up a page on my second monitor (not sure if there’s a connection between these two events, just thought I would mention it in case there is).

2 Likes