WoW Classic Client

Hi,
I am preparing for the release of classic wow as a returning player and something doesnt seem to be working right.

On your WOW Classic Home page you say :
Step 3
Download the Blizzard Battle net Desktop App. (Which i Have)
Within the App, click on the World of Warcraft tab, select "WoW Classic” in the Version or Region/Account drop-down menus, - This is where i have a problem, its ismply not there, under version i have Live - World of Warcraft and under Account i have my Account.

Nothing shows any Wow Classic Option…

Whats wrong.

Thanks

Hello Besy,

I can see that you reactivated your Live Account just a few minutes ago. As active game time is needed in order to have access to Classic, I’d suggest to wait a while. The system might not have you yet flagged as being eligible.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, do you know how long i would need to wait?

Its been a couple of hours now, i have restarted the Battle net client and no change.

Thanks

Hello again Besy,

It might be the case that the actual client won’t be available before the pre-event, but I have escalated this question to get clarification.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

I have the exact same issue, but my account has been active for a month or so now, so that shouldn’t be the issue. Any clarification?

Thanks @Blitzii for confirming this.
Kiemmaki - based on this info, what do you guys propose is going on here?

You cant wait to open up the client on the 13th surely?

getting behind on the name reservation spam could be the decider if we get our favourites or not, even if it’s just a matter of minutes…

I have the exact same issue as Blitzii as my account is active almost 20 days now and yet i can’t install/download the classic client.
I even reinstalled the battle.net client

Same issue here as well.

Iam have same problem. Only enabled normal WOW not Classic

Does it matter if one has a private wow server installed?

Don’t think so, since i’ve never been on a private server and I too have this problem

Would really appreciate an update as soon as possible @Kiemmaki

Thanks in advance!

Good morning everybody,

The update is as follows. The ones that have the download option at the moment can download the client, but it is an outdated one and there will be an update to that client closer to the character creation date (13th of August). Those that do not have the option to download now, will be able as well to download the client before 13th of August. When that will be wasn’t officially announced yet, so I can’t say when this will be but I am sure, everybody eligible will be able to download the client early enough to be prepared.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Thank you for the clarification :blush: Enjoy Classic!

Cheers!

Thank you Kiemmaki - much appreciated.

Last night i got the option to download the WoW Classic client and in the game folder its named classic (not beta or demo)

I have the same issue and I’ve resubscribed the day the stress test was announced.
Any possibility of this getting fixed so we can enjoy the stress test?

Hello Ignoramus,

Have you checked that there is no World of Warcraft Classic account in the dropdown next to the play button in the app?

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hello,
I reinstalled the blizzard battle.net client and it got fixed.
Hope this info helps others.

Hello again,

Thanks a million for your feedback. Glad to hear it got sorted for you. Sometimes, a restart of the app helps as well.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?