WoW Classic Era 1.14.4 PvP Ranking Update Examples

I went from R7 0% to R9 28% with 513k honor.

A bit disappointing if you ask me, I was expecting better progress.
Something might be scuffed with this new system, might not work as intended.

I started from rank 9 (0%). Farmed 244457 honor. Logged in And I am Rank 9(49%) Can someone explain how the hell this system works. I do not get it.

I made a post on Wowhead with some estimates, its a long post but hopefully it will make sense to you.
Here is the link

The only thing I will say is the fact that you grinded that much honor and did not pass the 50% threshold is concerning, since this contradicts what blizzard has stated.

Long story short, you would have made EXACTLY the same progress only grinding 175k honor for the week - IF Blizzard are true to their word.
If you wanted to get to rank 10 in one week, you needed to have grinded honor equivalent to four ranks above your own - which is rank 13 and is probably equivalent to over 400k honor/week.

Incidentally according to Blizzards post it is IMPOSSIBLE to jump from rank 9 to rank 11, if you’re at 0% rank 9. The maximum CP you could earn is 9000CP, if you’ve earned the honor threshold for Rank 13 - which is currently unknown at this point (as stated this is close to around 400k).

I was Rank 3 - 0%, gained 139079 Honor, now I am Rank 6 - 9%. Might this helps to solve the math^^.

Rank 7 0% and I farmed 75k honor. Wasn’t expecting much but now im at rank 7 0%.

Thats still quite many bgs played and I gained nothing? not even few percentage progress? Not fun.

2 Likes

Same here, I think it’s not updated fully, there must be a little % more…

According to my estimates I posted on WoWhead, “Expected Rank 7” is around 85k+/honor.

75K honor represents an “Expected Rank” lower than 7.

If you’re rank 7 and want to make decent progress - you need to make at least 175k/honor a week. This is “expected rank 10”. This is 7000 CP. Add to your baseline CP this will give you Rank 8.

I was Rank 3 0% and got to Rank 6 (7%) with 99k honor in the week.
99k honor is above “Expected Rank 7”. This is four ranks above mine, which gave me the maximum CP, which is 15000 CP. Added to my baseline of 5000 CP nets me 20 000 CP, which is Rank 6.

You need to grind honor equivalent to a rank above your current rank to make progress.
You need to grind at least 110 000 honor at your rank.

Edit*
@Bigastraldad
From my calcuations - 115k honor is not enough to equate to an “expected rank 8”, which is what you needed to jump up by three ranks in your case anyway.
It may have been short by anything between a few hundred honor or a few thousand. We just don’t know formula.
Now that you’re rank 6, you should be able to reach rank 8 by making sure you hit 175k honor for the week, since 175k honor equates to “Expected Rank 10”. This will give you the maximium CP, which is 10 500 CP. This will push your total CP to above 32 000 CP, which is Rank 8.

Explain it like I’m 5 please. How did you get from R3 0% to rank 6 7% with 99k honor while I went from rank 4 55% to rank 6 70% with 115k honor? Those numbers seem wildly off for just one rank difference. Do we have to grind 1.5x as much from 3 to 6 as we do from 4 to 6? That just doesn’t make sense

1 Like

Same here, although according to the UI i went from 1% into rank 7 to 0% into rank 7…
I got bracket 7, so I was expecting a little increase in % into rank 7.
This doesn’t feel good as I may as well have not played if you can’t derank anyway. On the old system I still would have gained a bit of RP, and would at least feel good about keeping my rank.
There needs to be some clarification on how this system actually works (and if this is working as intended). From looking at this thread it seems like ranking is going to be drawn out, as no matter how high your standing is vs your rank, the RP gains are minimal. At the same time, not placing in a bracket above your current rank awards you no progress at all.
This system looks scuffed and they should have just kept the old one instead of making half-assed changes. At the very least we should have a better explanation into how it works.

Even better - a friend of mine at rank 6 farmed 141k honor and has somehow decayed, whilst his guildie went from rank 3 to rank 7 with 110k farmed???

Thanks, that show’s that there must be an error. So still at 0% then? Should at least progressed a bit of %…

So, a bit more infos from me. Last week i was rank 7 50%, farmed 125k Hn last week and ended up Rank 8 25% this week. I’ve no idea how this system works :smile: . As i’ve read in this topic, people demoted with 110k hn … So my strat for now, farming around 150k a week and see when i stop progressing.

Expected HP/Rank are set too high. If this numbers continue, casual players will lose interest in PvP, resulting in abnormous queuetimes, making ranking impossible for everyone.

The new Ranking system relys on a healthy and active PvP environment WAY more than the old. Before, players were competing each other, which could net you standing 1 with a few openworld duels if there were no active battlegrounds and a small pvp community.

This isnt the case anymore - you need to reach Honor breakingpoints. Please make sure that the most important factor of your new Ranking system - a healthy pvp participation - is safe and secure before thinking about anything else.

1 Like

Agreed am already thinking twice about getting my main geared up and it’s rank 8. I had planned on getting two more alts geared as this new system sounded great, now it is looking like a grind from hell.

1 Like

Yep too much grind casually. I can make at max 2-3 AV in the evening. No chance. But it‘s ok, it stay‘s rare.

Yeah you’ve got a point there, and that is my biggest concern with this new system, how will we be able to reach the 500k cap required for rank 13/14 if it happens that people start quitting ERA or just stop queuing for PvP for some reason … ?

This spreadsheet uses the new values:

docs.google. com/spreadsheets/d/1VhKatPkVuO2HiKfBasNuko87XxpW1stA84ey0tN9Z9I/edit
(remove space)

Tested most values posted here.

you will stop progressing right now. With 150k your expected rank (as per our linear approx estimates is 8)

Standing 1 yes but you needed a certain number of active players in order to create R12-R14 slots. Else you would max rank to R10 and thats it. Hence all the artificial pool-boosting setups.

What the new system did is basically kill off PvP and replace it with the afk AV grind. Like when TBC was around the corner. There is no way anyone but the most dedicated can reach 300k each week without premade

Discord AV premades that scan the ID will be next and then i think we have reached the end of the line

Rank 7 0% at the moment. If I could reach 175k per week, would I hit rank 10 in let‘s say 3 weeks with each week 175k? Not sure from rank 9 to 10. thx