WoW Classic Free Character Moves - Realms [EU]

server is still not up yet, just delayed I suppose

Yes because heaven forbid that technology can throw some last minute hiccups into the mix

Yes Patience

Could always post an update when you’re 30min late…

3 Likes

They don’t really care, obviously :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the first post in this thread. Free character moves are open and available on the French and German realms listed above, and we have a brief delay opening the service for English realms.

We’ll have the service open for all of the listed realms soon, and I’ll confirm here at that time.

12 Likes

Yes, but how long? Do we have to sit in character screen all night or can we actually play the game for a bit, you know - like we want to??

How do we actually transfer though? From the character selection screen?

1 Like

Soon people. Keep your pants on.

1 Like

Another consequence of Brexit :frowning:

6 Likes

Do we get to rename our chars?

I think only if there is another char on the destination server with the same name.

1 Like

Somebody confirm on that please?

So you just go on the destination server, create a new char with your name, transfer your old and get the prompt to change name. This only works if you are transferring to an existing server, but still a sweet way to get a free name change. Even on a fresh server you could just ask your mate to transfer before you and create a char with your name for you.

That’s correct. See the opening post:

For approximately one day, the new realms will be restricted to only those players using a free character move. After one day, any player may create new characters there. This is to allow players using the free character move service a better chance at retaining the name of the character they’re moving.

2 Likes

soonTM … love the level commitment to time scales from blizz.
Imagine if I could tell my customers that they might get a fix for a product I’ve sold to them “soon”… wouldn’t be in business much longer

1 Like

It’ll be the same as any transfer. Dusky will be correct. You’ll be transferring your character name and all.

Only chance you’ll change your name is if a character is already there with that name. Possible with the Bloodfang and Judgement transfers, unlikely with the others.

Yeah it’s kind of a no brainer, maybe you can do something like create character there tomorrow by the name of Yannie and then transfer that character to rename it, but it’s risky since the transfer might not be up tomorrow anymore.

cant create chars on new servers on the first day only on judgment and bloodfang would this work

Gee I wonder what I meant when I wrote “This only works if you are transferring to an existing server”

1 Like