WoW Classic Free Character Moves - Realms [EU]

Great…
Worthless transfers.
Slow damage control again.
People still can’t play with their friends who got split over so many realms.

24 Likes

Yes pleaseeee, I’d gladly pay to be able to transfer to play with my friends after the catastrophe of a launch with all my friends scattered across servers they managed to get in

6 Likes

Paid transfers are a terrible idea (for various reasons) and I refuse to pay to make up for Blizzard incompetance over and over again. I actually can’t believe they messed up the launch this badly. I expected bad…but this…
Currently we are just deciding if it is worth continuing. It is quite shameful that a bunch of guys emulating something were able to launch and sustain community better than a company the size of Blizzard…and make better decisions.

10 Likes

Yep, seems Blizz-People also played Versions of WoW that weren’t Retail :wink:

This does nothing to help the communities that got torn up in the chaos around the large queues. I’m canceling my subscription until broader options for transfers to these new realms are released.

7 Likes

Almost awesome…
Still we cannot play with a friends on another realms :slight_smile:

8 Likes

what about gandling? queue times often exceed 4+ hours.

This doesn’t help me at all. I don’t wanna go to some dead new server that’s not gonna last. I want to transfer somewhere where my friends are already playing (medium servers). Just open free transfer from crowded realms and let the problem sort itself and don’t create new realms that you have to merge later.

19 Likes

As usual it sounded too good to be true. I was so hyped reading I could transfer yesterday only to find out today it’s to one new server. Most of my friends play another server, I wanted to move there. Due to work leveling a new toon to their level isn’t a viable option. This only benefits the lads who have tryharded to stay online this whole time as a group and can now finally rest on a new server. When are paid transfers? It seems like sitting right and hoping enough people leave golemagg is the better option.

9 Likes

The best option might actually be the following.

Allow all the realms listed left to transfer to all the realms listed to the right. Extend the transfer period to 2-3 days.

This way everyone would be able to coordinate a move to play with their friends whom they’ve been split from and the server queues would be fixed.

I’m really hoping people share my sentiment here so we can show Blizzard that the only thing we really want is to be able to play with our friends who where severed from us by the launch.

9 Likes

Yes! Yes! Also, add store mounts, faction change, race change and lvl boost with that you get retail version on classic.

6 Likes

Paid transfers existed in vanilla WoW. What are you talking about?

8 Likes

This is terrible for multiple reasons. I urge you to reconsider allowing transfers to existing realms like Bloodfang and Judgement, it’s deeply unfair to the players on these realms. On my realm max right now is 44.

15 Likes

I think mostly low lvl characters will move as their players obviously struggled with the queues the most as they were coming late from work etc. High level charactes
obviously did not have problems getting into the game and won´t leave their servers as the economic is already started and they can sell high level items.

1 Like

We dont even have realm first 60’s on bloodfang.
This is ridiculous that you will allow an established server to transfer here.
You would never of done this back in the day.

Let everyone move to new servers not ones that are only days old.

13 Likes

Thank you for the good news.

However, it could be even better if you took this opportunity to adress the many ‘Queue Refugees’ on the only RP and RP-PvP Realm Europe HAS.

As many others and I explained and asked attention before these basically had no real intention to play on a RP Realm but just wanted to escape the queues.

This had led to many RP-inappropriate names and other behaviour unsuitable to RP Realms, changing what was a chance for RP Realms again in Europe into just a PvE/PvP Realm with another name - which is blatantly unfair to those customers who reserved names two weeks in advance etc. because they specifically wanted to play on a RP Realm and, with just one of each type, have no choice in Realms.

Unlike Queue Refugees I may add.

So please, by the love of Benji, at least allow for free transfers to the new Realms FROM the only two RP Realms so that your RP customers’ needs get served as well.

17 Likes

Agreed, we need an influx of players badly.

What about balance between factions?

Lower faction populations will be prohibited to to transfer to a new server to promote a good balance?

Thanks!

5 Likes

People trying to sort it themselves brought us this mess. If people could be patient and would have waited a day or to before locking onto a server we would no have this problem

3 Likes

It’s good to see character moves being made possible, but as others have stated there are many of us whose friend group is currently split between two realms - one is Firemaw, the other Ten Storms.

My friends who still are on Firemaw were able to avoid the queue last week because they actually took the week off to play this great game, and so could log in in the morning. The other part of the group could only play in the evening, and the queue on Firemaw made it impossible to ever get in then. So we left our level 15-20 chars on Firemaw and made new ones on Ten Storms, anticipating character move being opened. We’re now around level 30 on Ten Storms and our friends on Firemaw are 35-40.

This move option doesn’t really help our situation. It’ definitely positive that the queue issues (hopefully) will be minimized by practically splitting the populations on the full realms in two, but please make it possible for those of us that have been split up (due to new servers being opened periodically, and some already having invested so much time that they didn’t want to reroll) to play together again without losing what we’ve invested.

14 Likes