WoW Classic

It won’t have the same fate. Classic isn’t going down the same expansion path as retail did. RP-PvP is a solid choice.

Except “content creators” are rolling there and regardless of their personal intentions they’ll bring a whole bunch of fans who will see RP’ers as “easy kills”.

You mean content creators such as Nixxiom, Nobbel and Preach? (Who actually create content) they don’t have a spergy fan-following like actual big streamers such as Asmongold, Soda, etc.

I won’t be rolling on the RP-PvP realm for them, I’m going there for myself and a few friends from AD too. I honestly think RP-PvP is solid choice because after so long on Classic, we may get burnt out and decide to engage in either RP or a bit of PvP.

Sadly, I don’t think there’ll be enough players on the PvE-RP realm to sustain a healthy population, because from what I’ve gathered over the months (since Classic’s launch date was announced) while on AD when the conversation of Classic pops up whether it’s with friends, in General or Trade chat, is that there are many RPers opposed to the very idea of Classic anyway, and they’re already attached to their characters, guilds, friends and the vanity side of retail such as transmogs, graphics, character models, allied races, mounts, pets, toys, etc. That they’d rather just stay on AD/retail.

I, myself will still occasionally play retail for the vanity aspect, but I intend on maining Classic for that true MMORPG experience.

Better to leave these losers behind, tbh.

I wonder if, eventually people maining on Classic will likely make a new community, with new server lore and other social hierarchies.

It will be interesting: will Classic WoW try to brand itself as the best RP server focusing on a more coherent magical system / complex characters rather than current WoW? What type of guilds are going to be popular? I believe the place might be a fitting alcove for more realistic and even political-based RP, hopefully they might switch server and leave current WoW. It would also work as a more realistic, down-to-earth form of magical RP. We might see some scarlet crusaders, argents, but also faction-based political groups.

Or, instead, the New Community will manage to moderate itself and be more open-minded as it needs the AD playerbase influx?

More or less; my interest can be summed up as it follows: what type of motivation do you need for Classic WoW RP? In which way will it differ from current content RP?

1 Like

Meh. I’ll be going RP-PVE. By the looks of it the RP-PVP realm is already being Defias’d by a tidal wave of players who have absolutely no intention to roleplay, but roll there for “easy resources” and “less competition than on the other PVP servers” (that’s what’s literally being posted in a thread about the realm on the classic forum). One dude even states he “doesn’t mind RP” as if roleplayers are some sort of burden he has to tolerate. You have to look really hard for a post that’s about roleplay. That’s really not a good sign for me.

While you have legit concerns, sadly that will always exist no matter what. I mean, when I moved over to AD back in late Cataclysm, I had NO intention on Role Playing either and to be fair, I barely ever do these days, but I definitely don’t see RPers as something, or someone to “tolerate” at all, but obviously some people will. To me, RPers breathe life into the world and I consider them an important factor to my immersion, and I will engage in it myself from time to time.

There’ll always be “those guys” and I’m just looking forward to a change of pace this time round because I started on a Normal realm back in TBC and stayed there until Cata, and some of my best memories (positive) were from the few PvP-related encounters that took place on that Normal/PvE realm from time to time.

Also, when it comes to pure PvP servers, there’s way more competition and with that naturally comes more potential toxicity, not to mention the insane queues, lack of resources, quest items/mobs, PvP zergs, multi-language, etc. So I’ll be avoiding those like the plague and focusing on RP-PvP.

Is there a Zandalar/Waterlord strawpoll?

I think the spread isn’t great news for the chances of RP lasting on either server but I don’t think either group is likely to be persuaded to change their minds so just gotta hope for the best.

1 Like

Lets take the Envelope. A Speedboat is a speedboat… but the envelope can be EVERYTHING!

That is just a small sample size from this server to be fair. Theres other servers whose Roleplayers might be intending to give Classic a shot.

To be fair a smaller Roleplay base might even help in the long run. As someone who takes the occasional longer than intended break from Roleplay, walking up into an RP hub can be pretty intimidating with all the clusters of people doing stuff.

Might be easier for people to observe and perhaps get interested in joining in if standing in an RP hotspot doesn’t instantly make your chatbox super hard to read.

I honestly think Hydraxian will last longer than Zandalar for the reasons you stated. There’s this bad stigma that all roleplayers are terrible at PvP and so people who can’t cut it on normal PvP servers go there. In general I wish they didn’t fragment the community and made 1 RP server that has a couple of contested zones here and there.

Remember you can always flag for PvP on a PvE server. I know people who played always flagged back in Vanilla and beyond. Me, I prefer the choice to unflag if I want to do other stuff (like get to a dungeon, finish some quests, etc.).

This is exactly what I plan to do on my Undead Rogue aptly named “Death”. I welcome any and all challengers. :kissing_heart:

Due to lack of the Kaldorei Magi…

I will be trying out a Night Elf (Shadow) Priest on the RP-PvP realm!

And a Night Elf Warrior who is working to become a Sentinel :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.