WoW Classic

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone here is planning to play WoW Classic. And if you do, which realm are you going to pick? (As most probably there won’t be any RP realms). It would be great to pick one as a designated unofficial RP realm.

The RP-PvP realm, potentially, which will be here. Confirmed!
Undead Warlock. Just the typical ‘outcast’ of the Horde. Should be fun!

3 Likes

They’ve confirmed at least one both RP and RP-PvP realm each.

3 Likes

What’s Classic?

2 Likes

Another word for rose tinted glasses

8 Likes

Reminder that splitting an already tiny community across multiple realms is a bad idea and rolling on the RP-PvE server is best for everybody. We all saw what happened to Defias Brotherhood…

11 Likes

Its the tf2 rocket launcher with the ui twist.

Ah! I had no idea! Thanks for the info ^^

Myself, I’m going to stick to an RP-PVE, if possible.

1 Like

Logging in to the stress test tonight rekindled some interest in Classic for me.

RP-PvE realm for me as well if the game launches. I’m not sure what faction and class yet, though.

1 Like

I don’t know how people can possibly stand virgin retail, when chad classic is right around the corner.

1 Like

I’ll be playing on the RP-PvE server sometime after launch, I’m away when it comes out. Hopefully see you all there!

I might roll a character on the RP-PvP server though as well out of curiosity.

2 Likes

You’re thinking of the Original.

The Classic is the sniper rifle

1 Like

Ding ding ding we have a winner! Now do you want to keep the fridge or gamble everything for the chance of a speedboat?

3 Likes

To get the rest of it out the way: yes, if it makes anyone feel better everyone will remember how bad it is and leave within a week, we’ll all come crawling back, everyone will be bored, today’s generation won’t put up with the grind, Role Play is the Act of Playing a Role, etc etc.

With that said I think they should be announcing the server names and all that this weekend. Looking forward to trying out some RP in a coherent setting again.

1 Like

Not sure why people are so adverse to the re-release of a game during a time in gaming where remastering and re-releasing games is pretty much the standard :man_shrugging:

Rose tinted glasses or not, if people want to play it who gives a damn? WoW has been around for 15 years now and maybe people want to jump back into it from its origins to remember/see how it used to be, for better or worse?

I swear the Classic community is toxic enough, but the anti-Classic community can be just as bad.

9 Likes

Classic wow probably won’t have a lot of the grandiose roleplay we see today, but I’m going to enjoy roleplay-levelling a simple dungeoneering adventurer from time to time.

3 Likes

WoW Classic would be amazing if I could devolve back to my 15-year-old self, forget all the QoL improvements that have been made, brainwash myself into subconsiously ignoring any and every chat message I might get ingame, Discord etc. that quotes a guide, addon or quest completion method that wasnt readily described at the time, make myself retarded enough ro enjoy the gameplay of most classes, disregard every RPer acting as sages/holier-than-thou time travelers that preach about lore developments we haven’t even heard of at the time of Vanilla and maintain the illusion I’m having fun strictly due to nostalgia and the gameplay / current online community doesn’t make me projectile vomit.

2 Likes

Been playing Classics, and I liked every moment of it. I don’t know if I will go RP-PvP or RP-PvE though.

My ignore list is gonna be full due to the sages rpers who “sees” the future…

You are right i mixed them up.