Wow companion app fatal error

after update today I get fatal error - have tried uninstall and reinstall (inc clearing cache and restart of phone in between) multiple times as the US forum said that would fix it but still get the same error regardless

3 Likes

I have a similar problem, after reinstalling I realized the cause of my problem,

I have a german phone but use the app with english language as settings.

This is what is breaking the app for me.

I can get it to break each time I reinstall the app anew.

Please Tech support can you give the info the the app guys so this can be fixed?

German Client for Android download, changing to english setting and it is dead… before it seems to work fine as far as I can tell… :frowning:

am on a UK phone and UK settings so unfortunately that is not my problem - no matter what i try it gives a fatal error trying to use it

1 Like

reinstall or checking for update did not help, I guess?

nope reinstalled a few times - inc uninstall, restart phone, clear cache then install - still get the error - post on US forum says should only see if run as an update and not used for a while - I used it last night and even a clean install gives the error :frowning:

Same here. Command table works fine in game, crashes during middle of quest graphics on my iPhone. Had to login on laptop to finish up and add new command table quests.

Hi there,

Thanks for the report!

We’re aware of this issue and working on a fix already.

For more info check out the post here:

If reinstalling doesn’t help, make sure your device is supported and you have all the latest updates for your mobile OS, details here:

If you’re still having issues, it’s likely you’ll need to wait for the root cause to be addressed though.

1 Like

the workaround of uninstalling and installing it again doesn’t work - i have a galaxy s20+ and it is fully up to date so def not that. and had used the app last night as well. root cause and full fix it is then!

1 Like

Found a workaround for this.

I initially received the error, tried to change region to US, then add account and got presented with a login screen.

At that point, I went back to initial screen, swapped back to the EU region, and add account and then logged in. This connected successfully and brought up my character list.

1 Like

i can’t even get to the login - i get a fatal error on the app launching - glad you got yours sorted ok though :slight_smile:

Sadly I do not come with a workaround.
Mine only happens on trying to complete 1 specific adventure, a Maw related one rewarding stygia and soul ash.

I can create and finish my other normal adventures.

3 Likes

Also it’s on my main not this one, idk why the forum picked this one.

I found a temporary workaround by clearing all data (not just the cache), which makes the app work until the next time you close it…

Tried deleting cache and data and reinstalling. Galaxy s8.

Just Goes to fatal error after the blizzard logo.

Working fine before patch.

Yes, exactly the same for me. Only for a Maw quest!

I had the same problem. Then I reinstalled. Now I could add an account, but now it claims my account is a trial account and that I cannot use it because of that.

It most certainly is not a trial account…

After relogging and changing region back and forth it seem to work. Weird but… well… Works.

Tried to login got the fatal error message and it crashed

When I try to complete the weekly mission that rewards soul ash in the mobile app (Ghelak’s Revenge in this case), I get a message “A fatal error has occured” and the app closes. This already happened last week. I can complete the quest in-game just fine. Also, the normal missions that reward other stuff (anima, gold) work without problem.

Anybody else have this problem?

/Note: thanks for moving me into this thread, I didn’t see that before. Please note that I did not encounter the error when starting the app, only when trying to complete the Soul Ash awarding missions.

I love the wow companion app, I am using it on 7 level 60 characters! You can get mounts, reagents, xp (on Legion and Bfa), soul ash and cinders and so on