WoW Council of Blood keeps crashing my PC

Hi there,

i dont know what it is but something at the council of blood in cn keeps crashing my PC with a BSOD. It happened 3 times (from two visits) so far and every time i am inside the room with the council.
The Game freezes and short after that i am getting the Bluescreen… sadly i did not get a Minidump file. The BSOD goes away pretty quickly but i think i read something with “video”. I am on the latest Cyberpunk Nvidia drivers and i also did a Prime95 and furmark run for nearly 2 hours just to check if my CPU, RAM or GPU is faulty. Nothing. I also got no Problems with other demanding games like CP2077 or Division 2.
What i find interessting is that it really only happens at the council room and nowhere else in wow… anyone experiencing the same issue?

My temperatures are in good state. GPU not ofer 65°C CPU somewhere between 50 and 60°C. Nothing to worry about.

5 Likes

If you expect someone to help, maybe consider posting your system specs? :smiley:

Also, are you running in DX12 oder 11?

A BSOD is either caused by a faulty driver or a hardware problem, not WoW itself.
Have you tried a clean install of the Nvidia driver with DDU?

My Speccs are Ryzen 7 2700X no OC, 16 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 2070 from KFA2 no OC, Asrock X470 Taichi.
I play WoW in DX12. Normaly i would agree with you and look for faulty hardware. But as i mentioned i did a small stresstest and i also dont have any Problems in other games. What makes me suspecious is that it only happens in the Room where the blood council is.

Till now no Clean install via DDU

EDIT
So i did clean install via ddu -> no change. But i found out that if i switch to dx11 legacy there is no crash anymore. Really strange…

Hey, I got the same problem as you. Every time I die on council I get BSOD. Anyone that can help?

Also I have the same specs as u, like same graphics card and cpu.

same Prob here guys, everytime i play this Boss, System is freezing

Hello, i have the same problem on Council of blood, sometimes my drivers stop responding…
ASUS TUF X470 Plus Gaming (Board)
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Sapphire 5700 XT
32 GB Ram
… ,DX12

I just changed to DX11 to see if solves the problem

Still some spikes …

Just realize that is not a GPU problem its CPU, people with Ryzen 2700X are getting that issue and someone told that DX11 Legacy Work Fine!!
so blizzard can we have a fix for that ??

Hey, I am also having this exact same issue :confused:

I purchased this PC only 6 months ago (Also an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, Nvidia RTX 2070)
At first I thought this was a fault with the PC itself (as I had some other unrelated issues) and so I had it sent in for repair. They stress tested it and found no issue. However as soon as I go into Nathria the moment I come into contact with Council I blue Screen, and sadly it’s so fast I am not able to catch the crash number.

1 Like

I am getting somewhat similar issue. Council is one of two bosses where my wow/pc keeps crashing. But I dont really get bsod.
Also is there a specific moment in fight where it crashes for you? cuz for me it crashes during dancing fools mechanic (where one mob appears thta you have to kill in time and stand there cuz everywhere else is like red puddles or so).

Also do you have crashes on Sire Denathrius when raid is transitioning to new floor? cuz thats the second location where I am crashing

So far for me personally it is 10-20 seconds into the start of the fight, and then I get a full BSoD. I can even get it before initiating the fight. I haven’t yet had an issue with Denathrius though. Currently on Sludgefist with no issues.

Hey

Same issue, but on Ryzen 2600X :frowning:

My guildies and myself are running on this issue on Inerva and Council when running 30man raid. Folks either crash or have severe lagspikes for long time like clockwork on inerva (heroic) 30man when she casts orbs for the first time. Same issues on Council.

So far we have not found any common cause among our hardware, it happens on both nvidia and amd GPUs, it started happening 2 weeks ago exactly for everyone - and it doesn’t even seem to matter if you run top of the line 6900XT from AMD or 1060Ti from Nvidia. No consistent piece of hardware or driver being used to blame.

We have tried everything from lowering/disabling all possible graphical settings, limiting fps to 60… None of these does the trick.

Only thing that seems to do it is LOWERING the group size from 30 to ~20 people or so and only then it no longer crashes people. Still might cause lagspike, but no crash.

This problem here for me, everytime i play this boss my system is freezing.
AMD Ryzen 2600X and AMD Radeon 5700XT

Yup having the exact same issue with a Ryzan 7 2700X and 5700XT Radeon card. Doesn’t happen anywhere else in the game or anywhere else in CN. Am going to try the legacy DX11 setting in my guild’s HC offnight clear tonight and see if that works.

Hey Guys, guild mate had the same issue, so i started looking into it.
We tried everything in this post, but nothing worked.
We then assigned WoW to specific cores and that worked. We did test it 4 times, 3x Hc, 1x Mythic.
You just have to go into your Taskmanager, details tab, rightclick the WoW.exe and set affinity. We used CPU0 and CPU1.
He reported 0 crashes and no performance problems.
Just do it when you are on your way to the room, you have to set affinity everytime you start WoW, but it is only one boss so should not be that bad.
Hope that helps some.

Same issue for me and some of my guildies. We have been progressing on Council Mythic 2 days ago too without any (technical) issues. But tonight the screen started to randomly freeze for a few people. Mostly right on the pulls however, but sometimes just randomly in the fight.

It doesn’t seem a coincidence since today was patch day as well.
Let’s see if we find a solution or maybe Blizzard will fix it (if it’s from their end, and not an addon/wa).

I have the same crash problem on Council with a Ryzen 7 2700X, I hope it will be fixed one day…

1 Like