WoW crashes after I click "Enter World"

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? It’s only started happening now since 8.1, I can open the game fine and see my character list fine, but when I click “Enter World” I get a crash after a few seconds and I get the ERROR #132 (0x85100084) message

That error code is a generic crash code that can happen for many reasons, but after a patch the first thing I’d check is your addons. First try updating them, if not try removing them (can do it temporarily by renaming the Interface folder, with the game and app closed) and see if it still crashes. If it doesn’t then you’d have to add them back on one by one or slowly to see if it crashes again.

1 Like

Worked like a charm, thanks for the help!

Now I just need to figure out which Addon was messing it up

Yeah, that’s the worst part of it. I didn’t have a lot of time this morning when I replied I’m afraid, I should’ve mentioned you could try looking at the error log (they used to be saved to a folder in the WoW folder, though no idea where they’re exactly located now with the folder structure change :frowning: ) and see if the function that’s crashing sounds like it could belong to one specific addon you got. Though it might not be entirely useful, it depends on what it says.

I’m having a similar issue. Try to turn off your antivirus, works for me.