Wow crashes every 10 minutes: ACCESS_VIOLATION - The memory could not be "read"

Hey!

I have a severe issue with WoW, which has only gotten worse over the past few days. I have for the past month or two been having random crashes with the INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO error. I tried to fix this by following steps from a sea of forum posts. Anyhow - the issue persisted. But a couple of days ago it started to get VERY bad. The error changed to:

ACCESS_VIOLATION - The instruction at “0x00007ff7be90d948” referenced memory at “0xffffffffffffffff”.
The memory could not be “read”.

And it is happening all the time now. Like every 10 minutes. The game is literally unplayable. I have tried the following:

Update BIOS
DDU GPU Driver → Reinstall older driver
DDU GPU Driver → Reinstall newest
Turn on Directx11
Disable XMP profile
Disable Intel Speed Step
Disable Intel Speed Shift
Disable all addons
Reinstall WoW
Ran Windows memory diagnostics

Nothing has provided any sort of relief.

These are my PC specs:

ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI
CORSAIR Vengeance - 64GB:2x32GB - DDR5 6400MHz
Intel Core i9 14900K - 3.2 GHz Proces
Kingston KC3000 - 2048 GB - SSD - PCI
MSI GeForce RTX 4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC
Seasonic Prime GX 1000

Here are pastes for error log and dxdiag:
https://paste.fo/840b19797d5d (Error log)
https://paste.fo/3ec0c519da14 (DxDiag)

Any help or advice is deeply appreciated!

1 Like

“Ran Windows memory diagnostics” - I read an article that stated that windows memory diagnosticts only tests the 4 “first” GBs of ram.

One option to test if its a broken RAM module that causes these crashes would be to remove one of the 32GB ram modules from your computer. If the crashing stops, you may have found your problem. If the crashing doesnt stop, swap the memory modules to test the other one.

I bet one of your ram modules is edited by moderator I remember having similar problems in the past. Try launching the game with 1. Then switch to another if still problems.

1 Like

Try testmem5 anta777 extreme profile and memtest86
the testmem5 takes i think 2 hours i would run this during the day do monitor your memory temps while at it if your fans do not kick in enough ram may get really hot, it can reach these temps while gaming to.

hci memtest free vision only lets you test small amount of ram so you need to run multiple of these to test all ram, its easier to use ryzen dram calc app and go into memtest section of this app which can do this automaticly, or you can pay for the app, karhu memtest is also good memtest but not free either.

I would assume testmem5 should help a lot if their ram issues, i would take out the sticks first tho inspect the pins if they are dirty or smudged on 1 pin can cause it to not detect or cause memory errors, you can wipe it with alcohol wipe to clean it, if still gives errors you can rma it easily, memory has 10 years warranty usually some webshops try to cheat on you giving you only 2 years warranty while the brand gives you 10 years do keep in mind, directly rma’ng to ram vendor is also an option sometimes but not always.

That I believe applied only to the old version in 32-bit Windows 7. Modern versions can test all available ram when the OS is 64-bit.

In the error log you posted you still had addons running. Instead of disabling I would suggest (and what Blizzard is going to suggest anyways) is to try to run the game using a clean installation without any addons etc. You can just rename WTF and Interface folders so you can easily restore them if the game still crashes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.