WoW crashes

Good afternoon all,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this issue but i’ll post it here anyway so I can get more eyes on it.

Just to clarify, this is happening to me and my brother. After a long time of not playing, my brother logged onto his account cause he was bored. He played a bit but was battling with crashes. He couldn’t seem to get it fixed and in the end he asked me if I could log into my account and see if I also crash on mine.

I logged in and the same sort of thing happened. It’s random, but at some point I crash just like him. So we ran a MTR.

I’m not computer savy so I won’t just copy and paste but what both he and I get when we ping to eupatchbattlenet is 4 of the hosts 100% loss. The rest of the “send” and “received” seems to be more or less equal, as to be expected.

Does anyone have any insight on this? We have tried getting into contact with Blizzard support and have been told it’s on our end?

Good morning Shayzz,

If you had posted the result of the MTR here, we could have had a look. But since crashes are mostly related to technical issue with the PC used, I suggest you are going through these steps here.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Yea not a whole lot to go on here, but:

Am i right saying you tried both accounts on the same computer ?
If so, it makes sense that you suffer from crashes on both accounts, as almost no possible cause for crashing is related to the account. (just fyi; its still useful info though).

As for the MTR results, while i can’t say much about it without seeing it, 100% loss basicly means no connection to that host at all. If that was true “all the time” then i’d assume you wouldn’t even be able to log into the game at all. But even if the packetloss comes and goes, that would be more likely to cause lag and/or disconnects than crashes.

I’d say the most likely cause of the crashes, based on the little information we have, is either a bad addon or a third party application interfering, (well that or a computer memory issue, but thats way too big of a leap to make without any more background info).

Try to (temporarily) remove all addons, for bonuspoints you could do a full interface reset aswell:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

Blizzard CS reps just the other day posted on Twitter about the Discord program causing crashes (if the overlay is enabled), seeing as this is a commonly used program for us gamers, that would be my next guess.
https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN/status/1139819836240883712

If you’re not using Discord, think of any other program with similar features (overlays) and make sure you’re not running those while playing wow (to narrow down the problem).

Infact, try killing any other program (or as many as possible) while playing wow to see if crashes happen.

You could also let the Blizzard app do a “Scan & Repair” in case its caused by corrupted files on the disk, but to be honest i don’t think that’s very likely to be the cause.

Thank you for the help guys. I will try to implement this stuff and see what I come up with.

Edit: just to clarify @Sandsh, we are using seperate PCs. Also these issues are only with WoW. I don’t seem to have any issues with any other games I play, either from Steam eg; CS:GO, Baldurs Gate 2, Age of Empires 2.

Link to MTR results:
(I don’t have an acceptable “trust” on the forum so I cant post links or pics, please enter this yiSfWGK into imgur to see a screenshot of my MTR results)

Good morning Shayzz,

It seems the upload to pastebin was removed by their staff, I couldn’t access your file. If you are still experiencing the issue, please run a fresh WinMTR.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?