WoW crashing error #132

Hello everyone,

I’ve been wracking my brain trying to fix this issue I’m having with Error #132 popping up at random moments (during questing, during dungeons, no specific activity can pinpoint why).

I’ve tried the following solutions:

• Reinstalled the game
  • Repaired the game
  • Moved game from SSD to HDD
  • Updated addons
  • Using the bare minimum addons
  • Tried increasing virtual memory of my SSD
  • Updated drives
  • Removed Curseforge and Overwolf
  • Added an extra line in the settings of WoW -d3d11

Now I have a pretty decent-ish computer with loads of memory and a good videocard.
But this thing has been happening, only with WoW, and I can’t seem to figure out what it is.

For Addons, I use:

• BagBrother
  • Bagnon
  • Bartender
  • Chatter
  • ColorPickerPlus
  • Grid2
  • HandyNotes
  • Masque
  • Minimapster
  • MoveAnything
  • Silverdragon
  • Skada
  • TomTom
  • WeakAuras

From what I know (with my knowledge of addons) these aren’t heavy at all (maybe the exception of Silverdragon and Handynotes). But I’ve used them a couple of years ago as well…

I have a pastbin of the error:
https :// pastebin. com/R11yRqk0

Can anyone please have a look and help me out?!
I just want to play the game without having to worry the error will pop up around the corner every now and then.

Kind regards,

Ralph

Edit1:
Forgot to mention I’ve also done several scans with the CMD application in order to check if there’s anything faulty. Nothing faulty has come up.

They can be if there is an error or conflict that silently in the background creates a big CPU load due to for example flood of error messages. Plus any blue post will instantly tell you to try without any addons and any addon file.

#132 memory error is a catch-all for various hardware and software-hardware related issues. What’s your hardware (CPU, motherboard, RAM and it config, GPU)? I see some nvidia DLL in the crash log so you could try removing Nvidia driver with DDU and then installing it fresh after a reboot.

Thanks for replying. Already did the Nvidia driver removal and reinstall + reboot. Forgot to mention it. But it didn’t work.

With regards to my stats:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.79 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Nvidia RTX 2060 Super

Ryzen 3000 :slight_smile: they did have AGESA problems leading to #132 (3600 at least, 3600X likely same). Can you check if there is a BIOS update for your motherboard.

Also what’s your RAM config (how many sticks, running at what frequency?).

I run 2 sticks; 16GB each (2133Mhz)

P.s. Looking for an update for my CPU.

You can enter BIOS when the PC is turning on either by hitting DEL or other key (it should be listed on the start screen). This will show the BIOS but also it version - google your motherboard model and you will get the vendor site with bioses listed so you can compare if you have the latest or not, likely there will be a newer version. Ryzen 3600 problems were quite a while ago.

Sharknado may be right on the mark here - specifically for the early production Ryzen 3600/3600X series of CPUs there were a few BIOS versions (basically any past AGESA 1.0.0.3abb/1.0.0.3ab) that caused all kinds of memory issues, which in WoW would manifest as #132 errors. To my best of knowledge there wasn’t ever a true “fix” for this by AMD, outside replacing the CPU with a later-gen model or reverting BIOS to an unaffected version.

That said: since those are pretty invasive steps, I’d definitely recommend to first test if the issue still occurs with absolutely zero addons. Even “light-weight” ones can still cause memory conflicts if they collide with each other, and the the process of eliminating that option is pretty quick - so please give it a shot. The worst-case scenario here is that it’ll confirm the suspected diagnosis. :slight_smile:

I’m having this error happen in classic. Never happened before. I am running a Ryzen 9 5900X & a RTX 3080 GPU.

The error can have multiple reasons. What’s your memory config (frequency and timings)? And did you check your BIOS version? There were important updates for Ryzen 5000 early on. And do you have any OC active or apps that “improve performance”?

I played classic just fine 2 weeks ago. Don’t see why any of that would be relevant. Nothing changed. But no, I don’t run any apps like that. Didnt’ check BIOS version, again dont’ think it’s relevant because it worked just fine not too long ago.

Allegedly latest Nvidia driver may cause problems, not sure if it would be this crash error.

1 Like

Unfortunately nothing alleged about that anymore - by now we have some quite definite evidence that the 516.40 series of Nvidia drivers is causing a variety of crashes in Overwatch (usually when entering menus). We’ve not seen any notable trouble in WoW with it (yet…), but it honestly cannot be ruled out at this stage.

With that in mind: the first step in tackling #132 crashes is to clean up anything that may cause memory conflicts within WoW, and addons are consistently the #1 contender on that list. Given how easy it is to rule them out (steps are listed here) I’d recommend to give this a shot first, before we start bringing out the pitchforks for a potential driver problem. :slight_smile: