WoW Desktop Flickering/Crashing/Keyboard Issues

Hello;

I know that there has been a recent influx in bad drivers from both Nvidia and AMD, but my problem still persists and I have no idea how to fix it at all. The problem I am having is that if I click in game, usually a double click, I can see my desktop flash for a brief moment (less than a second) which shows whatever is in the background (YouTube/Discord etc) as well as my task bar. Because of this & how the default UI layout is, the bottom right UI elements (Like character panel, shop etc) takes multiple clicks to open. Clicking basically anywhere in the game causes these flashes to happen.

Along with that, sometimes my keyboard will now lockup and start running me into random directions until I mash the keyboard to get it to stop. This wasn’t an issue previously, but I’m not really sure anymore how to fix this.

Some people were mentioning the same types of issues with Nvidia Drivers, and with that being said, directly before having these issues I had my PC completely formatted and reset back to Windows 10 from 11, a complete reset etc. I started with the 551.61 driver from Nvidia (Which apparently is bad for quite a few people) and thought that perhaps updating it to the 551.71(?) latest would fix the issues, but they still persist.

/edit: Also, sometimes I’ll lag out (Freeze) for a few seconds, other times it’s a straight up close to desktop freeze which happens probably 2-3 times an hour or so.

Any ideas?

/edit:
GPU: RTX 3080
CPU: i9 12900k
RAM: 5600mhz Dominators
All fully liquid cooled / No overheating issues / One Monitor setup (dont judge pls)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.