Wow dragonflight older pc test

So today i got chance to test beta. I was testing it on rtx3060 i7, 32gb ram etc gaming pc which ran perfectly on highest settings and also I tested it on old rig. So for those who have older pcs (and been asking questions for weeks now) and still manage to play shadowlands- dont worry it should run dragonflight. The old pc i tested wow dragonflight is - gtx 1050 ti 4gb, 16gb dd3, i5 4570 Haswell, ssd disk. Graphics options been set on 5 which means overall GOOD and fps been between 40- 45 where more players gathered and was getting steady 60 to sometimes up to 90 fps at questing zones (had to set some settings at low like particle density or shadows). Game is more than playable, view distance 8, envir detail 8, ground clutter 5). For those who say gtx 1050 ti is weak - it really isnt, game is playable and enjoyable still :slight_smile: And dont judge others - not everyone has money for expensive upgrades. On tight budget you can still play dragonflight

2 Likes

how mutch v ram is needed for dragonflight and how mutch did u have?

It runs fine on iGPUs which allocate directly from 0,5 to 2GB (on low/medium settings).

I have run Retail and Classic on an Intel i7 Mac mini for a number of years and it has struggled more with WotLK Classic more than Shadowlands.

I bought a Mac mini M1 with 16Gig or Ram and the game rums beautifully

It will be interesting to see the impact of MacOs Ventura at launch as it is optimised for the ARM chipset and introduces Metal 3

I have a Compaq i5 quite happily running the game on a 2 Gig Nvidia Quadro card - that’s an i5 machine with 12 Gig of Ram and an SSD

So its still not a terribly demanding game

what about this specc

8 gb ram ddr3
i7 4th gen
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (HP)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (HP) 51 °C
ForceWare version: 425.31

i mostly play on this laptop bcz im not home all time

Existing zones and activities will behave pretty much the same. In newer ones you probably won’t see any of the new “features” like increased draw distance as the laptop is close to being below minimal spec and will run at the lowest settings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.