WoW Failing to Update

Hello

Right so I tried to login to WoW this morning, and the launcher wouldn’t update. I kept getting this message.

BLZBNTAGT00000840

So I followed the listed steps to fix it, none worked. I then deleted the battle net app, as suggested in that list, and reinstalled it. For some reason this requires me to download WoW in its entirety again? But nope, 10 minutes into the installation I get # BLZBNTAGT00000840 AGAIN.

What is going on!? And how do I fix it!?

1 Like

Heya,

Do you perhaps have any security apps active, for example a virus scanner? Try and temporarily disable your security apps if you do have any active, and retest after a restart.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

I have tried that to no avail.

EDIT - And why do I have to reinstall the entire game again after uninstalling the battle net app??

1 Like

Try and disable the voice proxy in your task manager, did the trick for me:

Also, tip: Google your error code and limit results to the last 24 hours, something tends to pop up if it’s a problem that isn’t happening to just you after a certain update (or installing WoW classic which is probably the cause in this case)!

1 Like

Not an option for me, thanks for the response though.

Thank you for the help and the wonderful customer service Blizz of just leaving me to my own devices. Also apparently uninstalling the battle net app, means you have to redownload the entire game. Would have loved to have known that beforehand.

To top it off, have to reconfigure all of my addons and my UI(which took hours to sort the first time) once I am finally back in the game after the download.

Thank you so much for your wonderful help.

1 Like

it’s happenng for me atm. any idea what i should do? and ps sorry if it’s a bit late to post here should i make a new forum for it?

SUPERNECRO! Well done on necroing a half year old thread.

i’ll take it i’ll make a new forum thread then bye.

As you say just locking down this old Thread so Türiel can make his own.

As you say just locking down this old Thread so Türiel can make his own.