Wow forever = boring

Please improve the WoW gameplay forever. nobody wants to play WoW Classic gameplay—it’s too boring.
SoD really improved the gameplay; it was cool.
There’s no endgame content either, like arenas or rated BGs; we’ll get bored fast if the gameplay stays this “ZZ” (snoozefest).

6 Likes

Oh look, you’re doing another copy and paste of the same arguments from your other threads that you’ve apparently decided to abandon. At this point, I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish other than creating more drama.

If you find the game boring, and you’ve already made purchases, refund them and go back to Classic or Season of Discovery. The game isn’t going to change just because you don’t enjoy it. Other people are clearly enjoying it.

You’ve repeated the same points across multiple threads, including claiming there is “no endgame content.” Have you actually reached endgame and experienced it, or are you filling in the gaps with your own assumptions?

As for arenas and rated battlegrounds, the developers have already said there will be no rated battlegrounds. Arenas may potentially come later, but nothing has been confirmed.

What they have discussed is mixed-ruleset battlegrounds, meaning PvP, PvE, and RP players could potentially share the same battleground queue. That’s actually a great way to keep queues fast.

And please remember, saying “we’ll get bored” is your opinion, not everyone else’s. You’ve already made it clear that you wanted Forever to be much more like Season of Discovery. That’s fine, but Forever is its own game.

So if you genuinely don’t enjoy the direction, don’t play it. You don’t need to repeatedly create threads saying how boring it is. At some point, you need to accept that the game isn’t being designed around your personal preferences.

15 Likes

how about you just don’t play it then?

5 Likes

It is meant to be the Classic style of gameplay. I am no fan of their combat but the rest of the game intrigues me and the updates to graphics, new quests, more flexible UI etc all appeal so far.

It isn’t going to be everyone’s cup of tea. I will not be giving up Retail but will be dabbling with Forever on the side.

2 Likes

I think this is exactly what Forever shouldn’t do.

If you find Classic-style gameplay boring, that’s completely fair, but the slower pace, meaningful progression, class identity, world travel, preparation and reliance on other players are a huge part of what makes Classic what it is. Forever is being built around those principles on purpose. Turning it into SoD 2.0 or pushing it closer to Retail would defeat the point of having Forever in the first place.

And saying there’s “no endgame content” isn’t really accurate either. Blizzard has already announced raids, dungeons, PvP updates, world content and continued major updates for Forever. Not having Arenas or rated BGs doesn’t mean there is no endgame.

SoD was cool for what it was, and Forever can absolutely learn from some of the things it did well. Improve weak specs, make meme specs viable, fix bad talents, add new content and expand the game. But do it within the Classic framework instead of replacing that framework.

Modern WoW already exists for players who prefer faster gameplay, rated competitive PvP and a very different style of progression. Not every version of WoW needs to appeal to every player, and that’s okay. Forever should have its own identity and stick to what it was designed to be.

6 Likes

I’m infact in love with Classic. However I would also hope that Blizzard adds Arena and BG to it.

1 Like

I’m definitely not going to play it; I get the feeling they really messed up this version—it lacks ambition. They’d better release plenty of patches, or else it’s going to be a massive flop.

One thing is certain: the “Retail” community won’t be interested in this for the long haul.
The MoP and TBC crowds mostly play Arena, so they’ll likely leave too.
I doubt players from other games will stick with a Vanilla WoW experience that lacks any real new content for very long.
In short, it really only appeals to the Classic crowd—and even then, some truly old-school players aren’t exactly thrilled, given the Retail-style changes (like the frames and UI AND LORE skyborn disney).

2 Likes

cool, so you can also just stop posting about it, right?

10 Likes

BGs are already there, but personally I think Blizzard needs to be very careful if they ever consider adding Arenas or rated BGs to Forever.

One of the things I really like about Classic, and what Blizzard seems to be preserving with Forever, is that classes aren’t designed to be perfectly equal at everything. Every class has its own strengths, weaknesses, utility and matchups. That imbalance is actually part of what gives each class such a strong identity.

Once you introduce serious rated PvP, there is naturally much more pressure to balance classes around competitive matchups, because rating is involved and every advantage or disadvantage matters much more. My concern is that over time this could push Blizzard toward more PvP-specific balancing or gradually smoothing out some of those strengths and weaknesses just to make the competitive environment fairer.

I’m not against PvP at all, quite the opposite. I love BGs and world PvP. I just think Forever should be careful about introducing systems that could eventually dictate how the classes themselves have to be designed.

For me, preserving that old-school class identity is more important than making every class equally competitive in every possible matchup. That uniqueness is part of the beauty of Classic, and hopefully Forever keeps it.

1 Like

I think a lot of that is just predicting how different groups of players will behave before Forever has even launched. Maybe some Retail, TBC or MoP players won’t stick around, but we simply don’t know that yet.

The part I definitely disagree with is that it lacks “real new content.” We already know Forever is getting new and reimagined areas, over 1,000 new quests, nine new dungeons, new raids, a new battleground, new race/class combinations, new systems and more, with further content planned after launch.

I also don’t think keeping the core Vanilla gameplay means a lack of ambition. The challenge is actually adding all of that while preserving what makes Classic feel like Classic. Blizzard has specifically said they want the combat to remain deliberate and class-driven, with classes retaining their individual strengths and weaknesses rather than becoming homogenized.

There are absolutely individual changes worth criticizing, and I’m sure not every Classic player will agree with every decision Blizzard makes. But whether Forever succeeds or fails is something we’ll have to judge from the actual game and how Blizzard supports it after launch, rather than assuming entire communities will leave before we’ve even reached that point.

I’m talking about it because I want to; asking is how you get new stuff.
Without players like me, you’d still be stuck on a Version 5 anniversary server.
In any case, I can’t wait to see the next pack Blizzard releases—probably High Elves as a recolor for 30 euros, too. That’s a real classicexeprience , let me tell you!
I think too the token is coming in six or seven months, tops, as well.

There are meta to manage that (since it can’t really be balanced); Turtle WoW also offered arenas—nobody minded, and the approach was much more traditional than on WoW Forever.

By the way, I don’t see why certain additions from SoD really bother you; I’m not saying we should add everything from SoD, but the gameplay was fun and kept that classic feel.

1 Like

without players like you, we might get something worth playing

I don’t want a game made for “retail” or “classic only” people, i want a game that’s different enough from both those and forever is like that

6 Likes

What you are displaying here is, unfortunately, a level of self-importance that is completely unwarranted. You are not having some drastic impact on how the forums are structured or how developers approach feedback. In my personal opinion, you are simply becoming an annoyance on the forums. If people approached discussions constructively instead of constantly throwing tantrums, the forums would be a much better place.

People can still disagree, debate ideas, and provide criticism without turning every discussion into a personal crusade. Constructive feedback is about explaining what could be improved and engaging with what other people are actually saying. What you are doing is not constructive feedback. It is repeatedly complaining, while openly admitting that you do not intend to play the game anyway.

At that point, why continue? You contribute very little of substance, yet seem determined to make everyone else listen to how unhappy you are. Supporting private servers and using them as examples does not change the fact that World of Warcraft Forever is not Turtle WoW, nor is it Season of Discovery. The developers have their own vision, and repeatedly demanding that the game become something else does not make that vision disappear.

What is particularly strange is that you seem to accuse others of being stuck in an echo chamber while surrounding yourself with people who reinforce the exact same negativity. There is nothing wrong with criticism, but there is a difference between criticism and simply being a miserable, confrontational presence.

Honestly, I hope you eventually find something you actually enjoy. Gaming is supposed to be fun, and constantly looking for reasons to be angry, then sharing that anger with everyone else, seems like a pretty sad way to spend your time.

So, perhaps step away from the forums for a while and let people who actually want to play the game discuss what is working, what is not, and what could genuinely be improved. That kind of feedback is far more useful than another round of “I’m not playing anyway” complaints. At this point, continuing to behave like a sad and increasingly pathetic presence on the forums is accomplishing very little.

1 Like

What a clown :clown_face::joy:

Go play Fortnight and let the grown ups play Classic+

2 Likes

Dear Fyrapan.

You do make alot of good points in that perfect class balance in PVP is very Retail.

I hope every Specialisation has enough DPS/HPS and that all Tank Specialisation can Tank Dungeons and maybe Raids too. However every Specialisation/Class should be unique in their own way.

My argument is that they should not remove what makes each Class unique.

My favorite Specialisation so far in the game is the beautifully Melee Survival Hunter.

you’re a grey item in a starting zone bro

2 Likes

Yeah, and I think that’s actually very close to what Blizzard is trying to do with Forever.

I absolutely want every spec to be viable enough to contribute properly in PvE, and tank specs to be capable of actually tanking the content they’re designed for. But viable doesn’t have to mean identical.

Blizzard has said that class identity is central to Forever and that they want to address gaps without removing what makes each class unique. That’s exactly the balance I’m hoping they keep: improve weaker specs and make more playstyles viable, while preserving different strengths, weaknesses, utility and playstyles between classes.

That’s also why I’m cautious about systems that could create pressure for every class to be balanced against every other class in every situation. Forever is much more interesting to me if classes are allowed to excel at different things.

1 Like

bot threads.

I swear people are trying to make Forever even worse.

1 Like

New dungeons, new raids, great open world PvP again… but there is no endgame content? Because we don’t have arenas which ruined PvP? I see…

Oh no…

Anyway.

1 Like