WoW kind of "flashing" through when web browsing

This can easily be replicated when mousing over the wow icon at tastkbar (and get the little window showing the game real time), while having browser in foreground. Randomly parts of wow flashes through. Game runs fine, just getting some shadow flickering occasionally. Video of it: https: // streamable. com/iu5klu

Anyone else got a similar problem?

1 Like

I’m having this issue too and it’s becoming quite annoying as the lighting in the game is also flickering on and off rapidly and giving me headaches.

This has to be Nvidia driver issue. Doesn’t happen in other games.

Got this too in wow classic. Happy i found this thread. anyone got some more info?

Nvidea user here aswel, got to be a lead

the flickering issue at least is an nvidia driver issue, i believe from 460 and onwards. i am using 457.30 and it does not have the problem. whenever i’ve tried 460 and 461 the flickering has come back.

amd also has shadow flickering issue when you are running freesync monitor and you have another screen / monitor that doesn’t support freesync

if you watch stream and play wow same time, shadows / black colours flicker

I do have freesync on main monitor, while 2nd monitor is just for browsing/watching streams (doesnt support freesync/gsync etc). Theres also a thread on US which i think describes same issue.

Can only hope Otaku sees this.

yeah, that’s the issue with me also, turning off freesync solved it for me, but then fps dropped, so not really a good solution

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.