WoW Memory Usage, is this the normal amount?

is that bikecuck/shen?

Iā€™ll try to answer what I have read here.

I use some addons but theyā€™re only 500MB.

I recently switched from brave to opera GX and it uses alot less memory (I always have 15+ TABS open at the same time)

For wow, it boggles me that sometimes the memory shoots up to 5,500 MB or 5.5 GB if you convert the unit, but also sometimes just 1,200 MB ā€“ So Iā€™m still not sure what spikes the ram for me in wow.

My PC is new and good, I donā€™t notice any performance issues since ive switched to opera gx. I have 12 GB memory & good cpu/vga.

So now even with the 5,500 MB that my wow uses it doesnā€™t exceed 90% of total usage with my other applications that are opened thanks to opera GX which uses less memory even with tons of tabs open.

But thing is, I just want to know what causes these spikes and is it normal for wow with just 700mb of addons to shoots up to 5,500 MB region and sometimes even 6 GB.

There is also a cpu and ram limitation option in OperaGx, I donā€™t know how it impacts tabs and performance of browser since Iā€™ve never used it before but you can give it a try. Minimum option is 1000 ram.

I use it for visuals rather than performance concerns, you can try limiting ram usage and cpu usage too.

what you mean you use it for visuals. can you elaborate on this.

I like its customization options, thatā€™s what I meant. You can customise colours of the browser.

1 Like

it can depend on the activity you were doing at thetime of checking and the active addons and other factors.
usually, no, but if you have too many big addons, the game can even crash.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.