Wow screen freezing for 10 seconds for no reason

hi there,

so recently i’ve been experiencing wow freezes for no reason. i have updated driver to latest (nothing changed). i uninstalled drivers (nothing changed). i went ahead to download may geforce version (nothing changed).

i repaired wow a couple of times, freezes for 10+ seconds for no reason. i can alt tab freely to windows, but it’s just wow freezing for 10+ seconds for whatever reason.

i got a fairly new pc to be honest, but i don’t know why i’m experiencing this right now.

There’s a few reasons you could get freezes but the most common cause is usually addons. Ensure all your addons are up to date but if they are and you still have problems try running the game without any addons to see if that solves your problem. If it runs ok without any addons then you can be sure that at least one of your addons is causing the problem and you will need to figure out which one it is.

Outdated drivers are anohter common cause but it sounds like you have covered this.

Other programs running on your computer could be the cause too. Close down any non essential programs like voice chats, browsers and such so that only wow is open and see if that makes a differance.

Sometimes anti-malware programs can cause freezes while they are scanning. I don’t recommend turning it off but if you find it is scanning you may be able to adjust the settings so it does not scan while you are using the computer or running in full screen mode.

Internet connection issues can cause freezes also. If your connection is unstable or your downloading other things in the background, on other computers using the connection, streaming on your TV and so on then that can cause the game to freeze up.

No idea the specs of your system but graphics settings in game can cause freezes if they are too high. You could try lower settings to see if that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.