WoW Server Transfer and Name Change

Hey there, Im thinking of transfering to another realm. But I already have a toon with the same name as my main there.
What is gonna happen to my main’s name? Will I get a free name change? Will I get a random name change? Or will I not even be able to transfer?
Anyone who knows?

@Knalb: The character that transfers in will get a forced, free name change as each realm only has one of each name. There is one minor caveat, though. IF the target realm is actually a connected realm, you could transfer to another part of it, which might have the name available. A connected realm that has 7 parts could have seven people with the same name, just with each of them with their realm name as their “surname”.

EDIT: Just noticed you are posting on a Classic character. Classic has no connected realms so part of the above may not apply.

1 Like

But I will still get a free name change on classic right?

If there is a character with the same name, yes you will, otherwise no you won’t.

Edit: little tip, if you want a name change and there isn’t a character with the same name on the new realm, make one yourself then delete it afterwards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.