WoW token auctions unavailable, according to US forums

According to a recent thread on the US Cataclysm forum, WoW token auctions are unavailable. Several posters in the thread claim they’re affected by this. You can apparently buy the token as usual through the in-game shop, but you can’t put them up for sale on the auction house.

Has anyone on the EU side experienced this? I have no intention of trying it out myself. But if it’s true, it’s rather serious, having a paid service not working. To my knowledge there has been no official statement on this either.

The post, for reference.

Edit: Someone on the US side allegedly got a customer support answer regarding this issue, which also seems to affect retail:
“Just as you’ve said, this problem has been happening to some players lately. At this moment is being worked on by the development team, so it should be fixed after some time from their side as it’s not in Customer Support’s reach. For now I could only ask for patience, but you can also write about this problem in the forums as in there your comments will have reach (customer support tickets are private as we want to keep confidentiality and this information doesn’t go out)… I know that this may not be what you hoped for but I assure you that it will be fixed. For now I wish you the best of luck and that the wait isn’t that long.”

Wow RMT had reached hidden cap? Did everyone just stocked gold cap of the realm for Firelands starting week and no one got need for tokens anymore?