Wow token on us account

I have my EU account for 10 years now. So i can buy wow tokens.
A while back i was a bit expremental and started an US account. Only to play around a bit at first. Then i decided to pay for two months to test different things in the game.
But when i wanted to buy a wow token to help my new guys, there are no way i can buy anny token from EU on a US account. I have read thru many forums how to get it in different ways but i’m not intrested in that.
So my question is:
WHY cant i buy a Wow token from EU on a US account?

I don’t want any solutions to go around it. I only want to know WHY i cant do that. Thats all.
Nothing more, nothing less. Only WHY?

The reason is that you can only buy WoW tokens with real money matching your registered region’s currency.

1 Like

I guess thats an old rule in these digital times… :wink:
No other game mmo i played has that rule…
Anyway that was the answer i wanted.

This is strange…
In EU on a US account:
I can buy game time with real money in my registred region.
I can buy mounts and items with real money in my registred region.
I can even buy the BfA expansion with real money in my region.

So the question is still there…
Should i not be able to buy Wow tokens to???
Really odd… :wink:

Nope, though this has been said many times in the past. There’s also a support article about this as well: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/12930.

As for speculation why the WoW token has this restriction, I sincerely doubt that you will get a different response.

Thanks, but this is still not the answer why it does not work. It only say that it does not. Still no answer why. But i will not push for it anymore.
So, thanks for the ‘response’.
This is so irritating. The rule is there but no explanation to why.
Anyway it’s no BIG deal but still irritating.
Bye and happy gaming.

Hello again.
I think i figured out why.
When i buy game time, mounts and other stuff i can’t sell it for gold in game.
But for wow token i kan. Thats why i guess.
Does that sound right to you guys…

I always thought it was because of the impact it could’ve on the realm economy with the use of another currency than that game region. Though I’ve never seen it confirmed before, but it’s certainly the most likely scenario.

Now i finally can let it go, Hehe… :smiley:

Its 2020 and it still makes no sense. As they auto convert the USD - EUR in the shop. I have used both the US and EU shops before from EU and payed on the online shop both in EUR and USD. The only thing I couldnt pay for is the balance. But if you dont top up balance, but pay with credit card, then you can pay with both EUR and USD. When I look at the US shop it says 25 USD, while EUR is 20 which makes sense as the EUR has a higher currency value in real life. It also should have nothing to do with the realm economy as your ingame token is going to be 1 token item, for the full region. When you sell it at AH it auto selects the gold amount per region not per realm… this makes no sense and makes me super unhappy. I just started playing WoW seriously after a couple of years of trying it out many times. But this frustrates me so much that I just want to give up all over again. (I play alone, I cant do dungeons alone, I also work, so i dont have time to farm gold. I needed this solution to be able to progress with my professions and to be bale to buy higher level riding skills…) sigh. I started to dislike Overwatch, so I thought WoW will be the saving grace. But I guess Blizz is still Blizz. Dissapoints me like I dissapoint my family. At least we get that in common.

While the advice and / or information given in an older thread could have been accurate at the time, it may now be outdated or a reply to an old thread could be overlooked. For these reasons please avoid ‘necro’ posting. If you have a similar issue and the advice previously given hasn’t helped then please create a new thread with all relevant information.