WoW won't launch after clicking 'Play'

Hi

I’ve tried to search for this issue but none of the methods that have worked for other people seem to work for me.

Every time I attempt to play WoW, the game never launches.

The Play button changes to Launching… goes grey, I get some text next to it saying “Game is Running…” and then after a few seconds ‘Launching…’ turns to ‘Play’ again and I get the patch number and details next to it again.

The only way I know to fix this at the moment is to run a Scan & Repair every time, which fixes it until the next time I go to play WoW again.

Does anyone know what could be the issue and/or how to solve this?

Would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks

2 Likes

no idea how to fix it really … but sounds odd… there could be a corrupted file that is not fixed when repairing the game?

first and most time consuming thing i would maybe try is to remove the game maybe and do a fresh install ? maybe in a different folder or drive maybe ?

You could also check the event viewer to see if there are any errors there or if there are any error logs in the wow client folder …

beside that there are still allot of other thinks i can think but to much to go trough to start with

Hello Durak,

Have you tried the steps from this help article here?

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Tried all the above steps, nothing seems to work for me.
Any other ideas?

The weird thing is, first time after i installed the game, it launched correctly.
Then i received an text on my phone saying 'Your account has been locked. Visit Account Management to unlock it.

• Blizzard Entertainment.
3 Likes

Hey Darkranger,

You’ve resurrected a rather old thread with your response, which is something we prefer you did not do on these forums. It’s perfectly alright to create your own thread describing an issue if it looks to be a relatively unique personal issue, so I’d ask you to do that if you still need help.

What might also work is forcibly setting the game to launch using DirectX 11:

• From within the Blizzard app, select WOW from the list on the left
  • Go to Options > Game Settings
  • Scroll down to the World of Warcraft section
  • Tick the option Additional command line arguments
  • Enter -d3d11 then select Done to save this

I hope that helps, but if not please get in touch via a new thread or a support ticket!

21 Likes