Wow won't open on Mac since the patch

I am running on an iMac. I too was have the same problems as you guys. I just upgraded from Big Sur to Ventura 13.2 and the game now works perfectly. If you can, upgrade to Ventura. It was painless and didn’t take long

Same :frowning: I still don’t understand why this is taking days to fix.

1 Like

yeah still not working for me, cinamatic loads now then after it finishes the game crashes again with same error

1 Like

The 47871-update is fixing playing for me too (10.14.6), but the framerate is down about 25 - 30%, so there is still some work to do I guess.

this is becoming a bit of a joke now, its day 4 and still can’t play the game

1 Like

Had a really lame reply from blizzard a day ago saying I should play on a windows platform, which yeah everyone just has access too.
"Greetings NAME,

Sorry about this issue with WoW we are aware that the recent patch has brought crashing issues with the Mac platform, and developers are developing a fix for it.

Unfortunately for now there is no way to work around the problem, if not temporarily play on the Windows platform :frowning:

I’m sorry that I could not assist you with your request this time, if you have any more questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will do our best to assist you.

Take care /wave"

I suggested to them that they looked into compensation of players that were affected in one way or another because it’s coming up for four/five days now and given the cost of living crisis many of us are facing to just be so blasé and ask us to buy new computers seems…well backwards.

I am hoping that we get a fix soon, for many of us running these older Mac’s they run fine and do the job fine and there’s no need for Blizzard to count us out just yet and it feels like an enormous amount of oversight.

Hopefully we’ll get some update soon.

1 Like

Since downloading the update just now (on Big Sur) it now gets as far as the ‘Connecting’ message on the black screen before closing. It’s progress. Go developers! You can crack this!

2 Likes

dev message :frowning:

The fix that went out today put clients running on macOS 10.14, 10.15 and Intel GPUs on macOS 11 onto a fallback/legacy code path to solve the crash issues. Based on the feedback here, there’s another hotfix queued up to expand the fallback path to include macOS 12 and all Intel GPUs regardless of macOS version. Unfortunately, for technical reasons, it won’t be possible to get this new hotfix build deployed before Tuesday.

LOL fix on tuesday ggwp entire week wow on maintence 10/10

3 Likes

was this on us servers?

The hotfix was rolled out on servers in all regions largely at the same time, but as mentioned - not everything could be sorted out with it. There are still some specific configurations of OS-version and hardware that are impacted, and will likely remain so until a more comprehensive fix can be rolled out in the next few days.

2 Likes

do affected players get 1 week of wow game time as compensation ?

1 Like

Why do u keep writing in different posts that it is fixed with Mac with Intel is fixed?
I still can’t log in and this is frustrating…

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 tum, sent 2013)
2,6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB

1 Like

Yeah my fps is way lower and its fairly choppy

1 Like

Tried just now to get in. Last time: black screen with ‘Connecting’ then shutdown. This time … black screen with ‘Connecting’ then … bright red screen! (then shutdown) I think it represents the screams of the Mac developers XD

1 Like

I got world server is down after 1min in loading

2 Likes

From US forum

Just to provide an update. Work is ongoing to address the Mac Crashes we are seeing. Still no ETA on a complete fix but some smaller fixes have already gone out. There are several specific issues that all hit with this patch.

General issues with OSX 12
Intel specific issues across Mac OSX versions
AMD specific issues on OSX 11

In most cases for the OSX12 and AMD specific cases, if you are able to update, the issue should be resolved for you.

Outside of that it would be a matter of waiting for additional fixes if you are still experiencing the crashing at launch.

If your issue is not a direct crash at launch this this thread does not cover your specific troubles and it is best to either find another currently active post with your issue or to make a new post with your issue.

We will continue to update this thread as new information becomes available.

1 Like

this is stupid paying for a game and not being able to play it for 4 days in row now just couple minutes after midnight currently so 5 days in…and the next possible fix that peoples like us may get is on next week reset day…

3 Likes

I still can’t understand why it wasn’t tested before the patch was released. Or those of us that experience issues are insignificant minority.

4 Likes

This is a absolute joke now 5 days and still not fixed……
WHY RELEASE A BROKEN PATCH??

So now me and many many others are probably gonna miss out on two weeks of raiding and chests because blizzard, which is one of the biggest gaming company’s in the world released unfinished work for the 10000000th time.

Yet we still have to pay monthly to play this game???

4 Likes

Same here on Big Sur. Update 10.0.5.47871 isnt helping, game at intro still crashes

2 Likes