Wow won't open on Mac since the patch

Ever since the new patch today wow will not launch retail without the “unexpected error” popping up and refusing to open the game. I tried everything, repairing the game, reinstalling, clearing the cache, reading the error codes etc, eventually I browsed online and on the blizzard US forums a couple of hours ago people are having the same issue when using a Mac, can someone from the eu tech team or anything smarter then me let me know If this is an internal issue that will be fixed soon or something we can do on our side ty! linked the us forum from 2 hours ago!

having the same issue as

it seems to be only effecting people who downloaded the new patch and are using Mac OS, any update on this issue would be great, thank you
Alex

18 Likes

Having the same issue, any update would be great

2 Likes

Same issue here. Playing in iMac 2017 - 8GB Radeon 580x graphs, i7 quad 4,2 Ghz, Big Sur 11.2.3 system.

Following error code displayed.
BC1676DE-705B-474C-ACAB-CFAE550597E0

2 Likes

as usual these c*nts still cant fix their launcher in 2023

2 Likes

same issue. please fix!

1 Like

Same issue here. I’m glad it isn’t just me (also on mac)

2 Likes

I’ve just seen the main post (with blue replies). They are aware but have no eta on a fix.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/main-thread-crashes-on-launch-after-maintenance-jan-24th/1497677/253

2 Likes

Same issue here. Crashes after screen goes dark.

Late 2013 iMac 27
3,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB
24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Ventura 13.1

Error number:

14CE4826-DC43-4297-9C8D-7E2800E8F7F2

3 Likes

same issue:

WOW on 10.0.5.47799 patch does not work. The game crashes on mac os:

Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graph: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

3 Likes

Same issue. Game crushes immediately after starting. Mac OS

1 Like

Same issue. The game crashes after trying to launch it. MacOS BigSur 11.7.1/Intel. Few hour ago was everything ok. Tried so far:

• full game reset (removed all addons, cleared the chache, removed the WTF… etc)
  • Done Scan&Repair without any issue
  • Restarted my mac after a many months of uptime without problems…

Nothing helps.

Terrible patch. This isn’t some “hidden error”. The devs tried even launch the game on Mac after the patch?

I would like to see any success report on macs, along with their Mac and MacOS spec.

2 Likes

Its the same problem on the US forum pages, many posts and on different Macs and OS. So the fact is that we can’t play. Also I did try to run the PTR for during last and this week with the same results

2 Likes

Same issue for me

Big Sur

1 Like

Same issue, 2014 27" iMac, Big Sur, no issues last night pre-patch then this morning it keeps crashing the same way as everyone else.

1 Like

Keep refreshing for update which is only solution now imo

Currently 10.0.5.47799 so until that changes….

1 Like

… until that changes, we’re screwed! :persevere:

2 Likes

I’ve had this issue on and off since the beginning of Dragonflight tho. I figured it’s just my crappy Macbook that caused it :zipper_mouth_face:

Funnily, today it starts without issues…

1 Like

im having the same issue…is there any news on a fix yet ?

1 Like

Currently in the process of looking for a flash drive so I can install Boot Camp. Let’s see if we have a fix before I find one

1 Like

I have the same problem - crashes after update

IMac Late 2013
3,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 M 4 GB

1 Like