Wow wont recognise certain keys on keyboard

Hi guys

so i changed computers from my English laptop to a desktop with a German keyboard, now the problem i’m having is when i try to change key bindings that now involve certain characters ( ß ´ü ö ä ) wow doesn’t register that i press them, i changed language to German in game and still same problem.

this is extremely annoying as the ß and ´ are keybind to the 11th and 12th actionbar and kinda need to use these keys.

anyone had this problem ?

Currently having this problem.
I guess it’s my own fault for messing around with the language locales. :frowning:

I have no clue how to get it back, I have my old language locale on,
but it seems like I’ve done something else during the process that makes it not recognize keys like: ‘ä’, ‘ö’, ‘å’, ‘§’ and ‘´’.

Even though I can use them in the chat, it feels like the characters are in incorrect format. There are many different character types, which makes me not sure which one I have currently and what wow uses. :thinking:

SOLVED

I have the exact same issue, a few days ago ‘ä’, ‘ö’, ‘å’, ‘§’ and ‘´’ just stopped being registered as key bind inputs. They still work perfectly fine for all other applications and even for in game chat, just not key bind inputs.

Solution:
Windows was enforcing UTF-8 for programs that does not support unicode. To fix this go to Settings > Language > Administrative language settings > Change system locale > Disable “Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support”.

1 Like

God, thank you so much !!!
I’ve been trying to find why I couldn’t use ² anymore and this resolved the problem :smiley:

Closing this as a very old thread.