Wrath, the legend back in the day

I think the reason the game is where it is today is the people working at Blizzard had the same idea about Wrath some people have here. Because numbers were high, it was great. It wasn’t. It was the worst of the 3 by far and it took a step in a direction it kept on moving in and it never recovered from. There is a reason people play Classic and it’s not just nostalgia.

Your disection of quotes bored the life out of me.

Like wow… ha. Some of your points are ok but bro, go live a little

Why would I go out to the open world so the bots collect basic materials for me and sell them cheap, or why do I build battel grounds to suffer death knight bots? They are looking for reasons for themselves.

So many words to say nothing.

If PvEers could pick any racials at char creation regardless of faction, would any pick something other than troll or orc?
Would PvPers in Classic pick anything other than Undead?
Yeah maybe in very hardcore minmax guilds one in 5 people will be assigned draenei hit, probably a healer, but no “solo” player would ever pick anything but Horde. Only exception is Wrath arena players who would switch human racial after getting 2 ICC PvE trinkets.
Tell me I’m wrong.

3 Likes

You’re right about people leaving because of no RDF. But the 2nd part of your statement is just not true.

As for myself I would be happy to stay and play the game IF they’d announced RDF is coming in the same patch as the original release. Now however they made a big change. They stated RDF is not coming at all and I don’t feel like playing since the most fun I had was leveling (and gearing) alts through questing AND dungeons. Since dungeons aren’t happening on my server… not at low level and not for heroic normals… I just stopped playing.

TL;DR: #nochanges my ar*e. Implementing all kinds of things some people love that weren’t in the original (HC+ among things) and leaving out RDF that another group of people love is very much #alotofchanges

3 Likes

I’d say the players have played a role as well. Classic WLK is not like original WLK because we know the game in-and-out; we had people making videos about which spec will be meta for which phase before the expansion had even been released.

And “the social aspect” that’s been constantly ridiculed is largely missing as well, as there are no healthy servers. It’s mega-server or dead server, and on the mega pvp-servers there’s no pvp as people have effectivized away competition. There’s no real sense of world or community. People in their pursuit of convenience have managed to create an emulation of the climate of retail. If Blizzard are to blame then it is because they enabled this behaviour, but perhaps servers were doomed to fail regardless of what they did. We simply have access to too much information.

That’s fair, although that’s subjective and for me it has been the opposite experience. In original TBC I mained a Holy Priest, and I remember absolutely hating the changes WLK wrought. Ghostcrawler’s line “we don’t want healers to stand around doing nothing” still evokes some bitter resentment in me. Healing in TBC was slow, methodical; if someone was failing mana management you could usually just look at the % of overhealing that they do. I went from having an average of ~8% overhealing to an average of 50+% overhealing in WLK because healing became spam. I stopped playing before Ulduar came out, and returned for ICC and changed main to Prot Warrior – and I remember describing the gameplay as: “both Priest and Warrior are mindless spam, but warrior is more fun spam”.

And this time around I am playing neither tank nor healer, but DPS. I actually mained Assassination throughout TBC and while there were a few things that irked me to no end, overall I preferred the gameplay of Assassination Rogues in TBC. Note that I am simply talking about gameplay here, not about viability; Assassination was one of the worst specs in TBC, yet it’s one of the best in WLK. The gameplay of Assassination today revolves around spamming two buttons: Mutilate and Envenom. Any skill comes from not overlapping the envenom buff and staying on target, and that’s about it. It’s not really engaging gameplay, and I likely would have quit if not for the fact that I have a very enjoyable social climate in my guild. And Ulduar has been great, even if the gameplay is meh.

The main reason I hate dislike WLK though is that it created a kind of Dynasty Warriors-esque gameplay loop where you just gather as many mobs as you can and AoE them down. There’s no finesse, there’s barely any room to use your abilities other than your DPS buttons. This was not the case in TBC. I often found use for the abilities in my toolkit for various situations. TBC had a much slower and arguably more cerebral pace. Even this time around, I feel that TBC is superior to WLK. The best thing about WLK is that they split the raid difficulties, so that smaller guilds actually have something to do.

1 Like

I mean, that may count for something while you were still leveling, but by the time you were full T6 things dropped rly fast. Not as fast as in WotLK but still.

Also, I concede that, as a healer things may feel different, but try playing a warlock in Cata and you’ll see what I mean.

Oh wow, another I-hate-wotlk post! You simply played this game too much and burnt out :smiley:

Yeah, and people said that TBC had been an absolute beast of an expansion compared to Vanilla, and that WotLK had been an absolute beast of an expansion compared to TBC. Come Cataclysm, and people will be saying that MoP is an absolute beast of an expansion.

Let us enjoy the game while it is here, warts and all :smiley:

The facts prove you wrong. All the top guilds are alliance.
Raid world firsts? All Alliance.
Top 12 out of 10 (sic!) arena players on US are Alliance, 9/10 on EU.

So what are those amazing racials that cause this in your opinion? You claim that those facts are due to better racials, right? Which ones specifically are better and how do they help in PvE? And are all those top arena players Human? I have no idea how to look up such statistic.

If racials don’t matter, as you are clearly implying here, then Horde racials can’t be better, because “not mattering” is a 1 or a 0 - something either matters and can be varying levels of useful, or something doesn’t matter and nobody uses it. QED

Repeating the question. What Alliance racial is better for PvE in your opinion?

Obviously, Stoneform. Best racial for best race in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

:notes: we got racial heal, you can barely feel :notes:

Nyhm’s lyrics were always great, but looking back; his singing could have really used some work.

1 Like

Also S+ editing xD

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.