Wtf is this bs about realm capacity!

Calm down please they are working on it these people have to number crunch it doesn’t happen in two minutes gezz.

1 Like

I think they ran out of hardware. I don’t see why else they would expand Realm caps and not open more Realms, as several more are clearly needed.

Lol xd

People were like, wtf blizz open more realms
– Blizz opened more realms
People were like wtf blizz I don’t want to switch servers increase layer size and server capacity
– Blizz increased layer size
People like wtf Blizz why u do dis???

13 Likes

U gotta be kidding me. Over 100k people are not even able to play the ffing game, now they finally did something to make that happen and u go all QQ? Who is the idiot here?

5 Likes

I think the problem is that it doesnt matter how many servers they open, over the next couple of weeks, any additional server are going to end up with a 5000+ que.

By increasing the server capacity, they can manage the initial rush and wait until things start to settle down.

for phase 2 they can open additional servers with free character migration to remove layers, once they have stable numbers.

if people refuse to move server, blizzard can then remove all layers and just put people who refused to move back into 5000+ ques, to maintain the server integrity.

1 Like

To be fair they’re hoping people(retailers mostly?) give up playing and I think long queues create a sunken cost thing where people who would have played for a while and moved on are now dedicated to playing longer than they’ve spent in queues.

The most logical decision as far as i’m concerned

What they should have done:

Gave option with name reservation to be open sooner but no game time wasted before actual launch day.

That way they would have gotten far better number of players, 99% of Classic players simply did not want to give them Money for next to nothing.

Also they should have split the subs into Retail and Classic with both coming with heavy discount.

I have to say that given the current problems I don´t really mind layering. Better than spending hours in queue or not being able to complete the Q because the zone is overcrowded.

Which as the OP said is postponing the problem, except now you blame the players for “refusing to move” when in reality if you’re going to incentivize players to move server this strongly, you might as well just open a thousand servers and ask them to move into non-dead servers afterwards.

also about the server cap, I think blizzard always was able to boost the cap way higher, but they choose not to, and for a reason, you se if they had boosted the cap for a server to lets say 50k people at once, even whit layering none would have been able to level at all due to way to many people in one spot, but whit lowering the cap and the rising it slowly, meens the first levelers are out of the way for the next way, though this results in long ques due to it, but at same time,
how would it have been if 100k+ all started playing at once, yes, you stand there waiting for hours to even do the starter quest, that is if the servers even could have taken that load.

1 Like

What? That´s why we have layers. It does not really matter how many people are in the game in the same zone, you will only see people within the same layer.

I’ll have some of that milk please. I need it to neutralize the taste of the salt these people bring to the forum!

1 Like

The real answer is that they should have separated out retail and classic subscriptions.

There are far too many people trying to play who don’t really have any intention of playing in the future as it’s free and why not.

3 Likes

What happened? They increased layers so people can play now?

There is far less stigma attached to a new realm than a dead one.

I dont think that free realm transfers worked in the past to re-energise dead realms and we ended up with whatever we have now on retail

1 Like

By the time phase 2 happens a natural raise of sever online capacity increase could still see an ok level of player dispersion. Also, months down the line instead of three days, we’re much more likely to have seen the tourist population die.

Because if you make enough realms to handle all these people post layering we’ll have several dead realms once tourism ends.

well every layer is essential a server so 1 realm has 10 layers, what meens 10 servers, but capacity for every layer is 3k people or so, that meens 30k people at once, but 200k are trying to log in, you can not have 200k players at once it just doesnt work, you would need 200 servers then, and that is way to much.

theese numbers I just took from my head to show what I meen, could be way higher or even lower.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.