WTF is wrong with this island expedition kick system

As a rule of thumb, I quit out of island expeditions if I see two people from the same guild.

2 Likes

If a player is actively contributing azerite they should have kick protection. I’m fine with doing the island how ever the others want as long as they communicate with me, if they don’t I’m just gonna do my thing. Getting kicked for collecting azerite “wrong” is a bit silly.

Edit: typos

I’m back to this topic because guess what? it happened again.

I was just in ANOTHER MoP dungeon on my alt and we had no problems until the last boss. The tank, who was new, tanked the boss in the wrong area causing us to wipe, and then the druid healer voted to kick the PALADIN DPS who was top DPS, just because he didn’t put Blessing of Protection on the healer. I voted no, yet he was still kicked because it’s 3 vs me, then the tank pulls again and doesn’t learn from the first mistake, so we wipe again and the healer votes to kick the Tank instead of giving him any advice, he just said “Dude” voted for reason: “Retard” so I told him how unhelpful he was before leaving myself. What a waste of time.

These are the kind of players we have to deal with, thanks to Blizzard’s flawed Voting system. One toxic person can influence the entire group and waste everyone’s time by initiating votes over the slightest mistake or for whatever reason he desires, and the others will blindly press ‘Yes’.

Pathetic game to be honest, can’t wait until Classic is out. Only 6 more days!

1 Like

Just queue with friends and do the same thing to other people. That’s what I do. I will continue doing it until Blizzard fixes the system.

Well they can always use your help of mage you know. It’s always good idea to farm with 3 people then solo to make it quicker.

I assume you were doing HC island. You can solo roam in that too with ur gear lvl but still…being team player won’t hurt :v:

1 Like

There is. Overhaul of the social design in the game would condition people’s behavior away from that nonsense.

It’s a sociological problem, actually.

You can read all about it in this link.

It won’t eliminate the problem, because people are fundamentally different from each other in many areas, but there are ways that works for many, which basically means we do share enough similarities so we’ll get influenced in similar, or even in the same ways by certain things in certain circumstances.
In other words, don’t think of it as all or nothing. It’s about the inner mechanisms of the brain’s perception of a social space, so many can be influenced. Many can be conditioned. But for some it may not be enough to condition them all the way, and so on.

1 Like

What if they are super abusive in chat etc and it has nothing to do with how well they are collecting azerite?

Just an idea.

-Serial Kickers-

If someone abuses the system to kick people for bad reasons, they should get consequences.

For the “serial kickers”, well first lets defined who qualify as a “serial kicker” (see 1 (a.)).

1 (a.) Someone who kicks more than 7 times in less than 13 days or more than 13 times in less than 17-20 days.

They should have the option of voting for people out of instances removed for a period of 30 days. And if they recidivate (see 1 (a.)) after they get the ability to vote people outback, they should be afflicted with 44 days of not being able to vote for people out. The next time it should be 60 days. And from here, if they continue, it should 30 days added to the previous amount. Also, it should be account-wide.

Now, obviously, with a system like this, they will be some people who will try to abuse it to troll others by trying to taunt them into kicking them out or just to AFK knowing that most people will be reticent about voting them out.

Instance Trolls/AFK’ers

Fear not here’s a solution. For the “Instance Trolls/AFK’ers”, people who qualify as such are those who join an instance group via the dungeon tool and AFK every time without the Random Instance Group’s Approval to AFK (see 3 (a.)). And those join instance groups, just to make the run horrible for the rest of the group by pulling extra deliberately, insulting everyone for no reason, ect…(to be worked on) because they don’t get enough attention in their real lives or something.

2 (a.) If they are voted out by over 19 different people in less than 7 days or by over 28 different people in less than 20 days.

For the deserter debuff, you should get it for 30 min if only if you get kicked for the 2nd time on the same day, applicable account-wide. +15 min every time you get kicked from here on the same day.

If someone is getting kicked often with this system in place, then obviously they are the issue, so referring to 2 (a.). They should get a warning for the first time. 3 days random queue lockout if they recidivate (see 2 (a.)), 21 days lockout if it keeps happening and +30 days to the previous punishment from here for any other recurrences.

-Random Instance Group AFK Approbation-

3 (a.) Random Instance Group Approbation would be a tool that people from Random Instance Groups could use to give people who need to AFK, x amount of time to do so. They could give them from 5 min up to the whole run. People who queue as friends cannot initiate this for their friends. During this, Vote to Kick cannot be initiated, you have to wait for time set to run out in order to initiate a Vote to kick for the person in question if needed.

A lot of things could be done to make this system better. Also, I’m sure someone else can up with a better system.

I have the feeling you don’t tell the whole story

This is how our community should act. I salute u for these wise words.

4 Likes

They couldn’t see you and din’t know what you were doing, therefore assumed you were some kind of bot or afker. It’s not unreasonable to hoof a player out if you’re not sure they’re actually contributing.

Stay with the group and problems are much rarer.

I know… I know…

Pick me…

I was leveling my warrior tonight on an island the 120 mage was pulling and dieing I suddenly got a whisper asking me to tank, I told them I don’t know how to tank and they subsequently left next we get a DH no complaints all seems to be going well we are 300 azerite away from finishing then I got randomly kicked no reason just kicked. I don’t get it.

I mean literally this is my way of ignoring that part of the community that just kicks for ignorant reasons. I just create my own group. Its a very valid suggestion for someone to say “make your own group”, because it simply works.

If you have a “magical wand” to loan Blizzard which will suddenly make everyone friendly and polite gentlemen and ladies.
Honestly. I wont even try doubting it.
Will simply say: Good luck?

I have seen the opposite happening, where there is a person who tells the group they are going AFK to eat. I felt this was not fair and voted to kick him and the other person in the group declined it.

So there we are doing the island expedition where this person is there, I was able to draw mobs over to eventually kill the afk person so they died.

The expedition finished and I logged off. At that point I decided I would be the one to lead any island expenditure that I take part in, which I have not since last autumn.

It’s not like I haven’t tried. But the chance of feedback, in detail, actually reaching the meetings and decision-makers, and not just delivered as a list of percentages and pie charts of “what people talk about”, is quite small.

Also, you’re still thinking in absolutes. Conditioning takes time. People don’t change over night. (The way scientists concluded that the “essence” of a person is in the brain was from a person changing radically over night from getting a severe head injury back during the 1800s though. It’s a pretty gruesome story, so I can’t go into the details due to forum rules. But I digress.)

why do islands even need a kick function? they only take about 7-8 minutes or so to do, but the debuff for getting wrongly kicked is nearly twice that.

• remove the kick function in islands
  • have a function that not moving, going afk or not getting in combat at least once every 2 minutes auto removes you OR you get no rewards from the island, azerite AND colelctables.

while this wouldn’t fix wrong kicks in dungeons or raids, it would for islands.

3 Likes

Report, blacklist and move on? That is how I deal with abusive people in dungeons when others refuse to kick them. Never had to do that in islands tho, because dungeon chat with the random “hi” and “ty for run” once in a blue moon looks lively compared to expeditions.

Its funny that I’ve never been kicked from islands even if I was AFK all time. So it happens rarely why do you bother creating a topic in order to demand such unnecessary changes.

1 Like