WTF is wrong with this island expedition kick system

I have the feeling you don’t tell the whole story

This is how our community should act. I salute u for these wise words.

4 Likes

They couldn’t see you and din’t know what you were doing, therefore assumed you were some kind of bot or afker. It’s not unreasonable to hoof a player out if you’re not sure they’re actually contributing.

Stay with the group and problems are much rarer.

I know… I know…

Pick me…

I was leveling my warrior tonight on an island the 120 mage was pulling and dieing I suddenly got a whisper asking me to tank, I told them I don’t know how to tank and they subsequently left next we get a DH no complaints all seems to be going well we are 300 azerite away from finishing then I got randomly kicked no reason just kicked. I don’t get it.

I mean literally this is my way of ignoring that part of the community that just kicks for ignorant reasons. I just create my own group. Its a very valid suggestion for someone to say “make your own group”, because it simply works.

If you have a “magical wand” to loan Blizzard which will suddenly make everyone friendly and polite gentlemen and ladies.
Honestly. I wont even try doubting it.
Will simply say: Good luck?

I have seen the opposite happening, where there is a person who tells the group they are going AFK to eat. I felt this was not fair and voted to kick him and the other person in the group declined it.

So there we are doing the island expedition where this person is there, I was able to draw mobs over to eventually kill the afk person so they died.

The expedition finished and I logged off. At that point I decided I would be the one to lead any island expenditure that I take part in, which I have not since last autumn.

It’s not like I haven’t tried. But the chance of feedback, in detail, actually reaching the meetings and decision-makers, and not just delivered as a list of percentages and pie charts of “what people talk about”, is quite small.

Also, you’re still thinking in absolutes. Conditioning takes time. People don’t change over night. (The way scientists concluded that the “essence” of a person is in the brain was from a person changing radically over night from getting a severe head injury back during the 1800s though. It’s a pretty gruesome story, so I can’t go into the details due to forum rules. But I digress.)

why do islands even need a kick function? they only take about 7-8 minutes or so to do, but the debuff for getting wrongly kicked is nearly twice that.

• remove the kick function in islands
  • have a function that not moving, going afk or not getting in combat at least once every 2 minutes auto removes you OR you get no rewards from the island, azerite AND colelctables.

while this wouldn’t fix wrong kicks in dungeons or raids, it would for islands.

3 Likes

Report, blacklist and move on? That is how I deal with abusive people in dungeons when others refuse to kick them. Never had to do that in islands tho, because dungeon chat with the random “hi” and “ty for run” once in a blue moon looks lively compared to expeditions.

Its funny that I’ve never been kicked from islands even if I was AFK all time. So it happens rarely why do you bother creating a topic in order to demand such unnecessary changes.

1 Like

I hope they’ll add those “intelligent” AI npcs as co-op partners in the future. Imagine trying to get island mounts when this expansion is dead. Probably nobody would notice they’re playing with bots anyway.

1 Like

This 100 % I’ve been kicked a few times , when I was collecting Azerite by the ship as the other 2 were running off,
Kicked because guildies were just asshats using leap of faith to pull me into mobs I initially put up with it then I met them in a second group insta kicked.

They should remove the debuff.

Unfortunately people are sometimes not very nice. From my personal experience, pugging mythic only, I have never been kicked. It seems multiple people in this thread share the same experience.

My advice:

• Don’t be sad, there are many nice people. I also think this is a one time experience and you don’t get kicked on a regular basis. If you do however, you might want to rethink your strategy.
  • Play mythic islands or pvp islands.

I dont know if you guys know the csgo kicking feature.
In short if you kick too many times then there will some severe concequences on your account and cant play for a while and it affect everyone that voted.

Maybe blizzard could use a semilar feature?

Can’t remember the last time I did a heroic or normal IE :thinking:

Mythic with randoms, PvP with friends.

Funny fact is, when I start a mythic IE, I get the group assembled and ready to roll faster than when I queue for a heroic one :smile:

Also, if you assemble the group yourself, you can be sure the other two guys aren’t two buttbuddies ready to ef you over “for the lulz”.

IEs aren’t keystone dungeons, they’re not rated BGs either, you don’t need a specific setup to be able to score.

Also, you only need 3 mythic or 2 PvP wins for the cap, as opposed to heroic, which only amounts for 1/4 of the cap.

There sure should come something that makes ppl think about who they kick for what reasons and not like it’s now, easy kicks with no responsibility for the kickers and a complete hangover for the one kicked out deserved or undeserved.

If ppl get to decide who’s going to stay or not, then it should come with some responsibility on their side imo.

Disable kick function when you have half or more azerite needed gathered, so if you got 3300/6000 kicking is disabled and everyone must go on. Half is enough to find out if you have AFKer in your group or not.

Counter kick system: If the player who is being vote-kicked is actively contributing to the party in an active way (contributing to the objectives as everything has an objective now, mobs and bosses for dungeons, azerite for islands) and if the vote kicked player’s contribution is higher than the one who initiated the vote kick, the player who first initiated the vote kick is instantly removed from the group without anyone else having a say in it (yes or no on the vote).

1 Like