Xal'atath is the dopest character I have ever seen

When I first saw the release of The War Within a couple of months back, I was thinking “Wow who is that?” when I first saw Xal’atath.
Now when the game is released I am in pure awe whenever I see her, don’t get me wrong Alleria is cool too with her bow and all (played Belf Hunter from BC to WOTLK).
Though, Xal’atath takes home the bacon on this one, I don’t know if it’s her design, her voice or her mysterious power.
But there’s truly something fascinating about this particular character and I praise the people at Blizzard that worked on this.

11 Likes

She’s no illidan but she is pretty cool. I like how she has a bit of humour/playfulness in her demeanor and she is one with the void, which is on par with my second favourite source of energy, fel.

3 Likes

If you have her weapon transmog’d from an old expansion I think she still whispers weird stuff like “delicious” and “hehe” when you kill stuff.

6 Likes

Can you name that weapon or link it on wowhead, please?

4 Likes

Yeah she does. :slight_smile: I haven’t done the max level campaign on a priest but I hear you get some extra dialogue if you have the Blade with you.

Bit of useless information she is voiced by Claudia Christian who played Commander Ivonava in Babylon 5. Does bang up job too!

1 Like

I think she’s amazing indeed! One of the more interesting characters for a long time.

1 Like

I agree, she’s excellent. They’re nailing all the cinematic, animation and voice work with her too.

2 Likes

Voice actors don’t get enough praise. She’s doing it very well.

2 Likes

it’s like, their first competent villain since legion.

Fyrakk wasn’t competent?

Well you clearly havent finished max level campaing. :smiley:

He was too bullheaded angry all the time. Not enough strategy.

You never saw Illidan is his prime did you, or Garrosh for that matter. How about Varian?

Xalatuwu is just pandering too the simps.

1 Like

Another barefoot character as well, to pander to a certain… you know what I mean.

I’m sick of the weirdos on Reddit talking about her feet!

1 Like

Shes not the dopest not by a long shot, but certainly the coolest since Legion. As you say there is something about her really cool. Its what they tried with Sylvanas in SL but never achieved.

Xalatath is terrfying and at the same time super attractive and charismatic which makes you want more of her instead of just chop her head off asap and move on like most recent vilans.

Very well done Blizzard.

Also if you have it transmoged the blade is replaced by another weapon during TWW cutscenes where your character appears. For lore reasons I guess.

How in the world did I not recognize her voice?

I totally agree. I love the power and influence on display with the destruction of Dalaran (Khadgar?) and the puppeteering of the Nerubian Empire. Then there is the character design, the mysterious origins and motives, the voice acting and the unbridled cruelty and fear factor that we haven’t really seen from a WoW villain since Gul’dan/Legion.

It’s early days in the spotlight, but she has all the foundations to become one of the greats.

1 Like