XP and leveling

I’m confused, some tamers give my carry pet very high experience and they level fast, then another pet tamer gives very little xp like 300, what gives?

Also if they nerf xp gain from tamers, why some tamers still give high rep? and a follow-up question will be what is the best strategy for leveling if they nerfed this somehow.

Here is a complete guide to the numbers for pet levelling and XP.

https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Maybe too complete for what you’re asking. :slight_smile:

It’s a trade-off.

In very, very short, they made BfA tamers infinitely repeatable, so that people could do their Family achievement without waiting for a world quest to be up for each family. However, they didn’t want to make an infinitely repeatable source of very high XP that was available 24/7, so they nerfed the XP from BfA battles hard.

Garrison battles, except Squirt, have also been nerfed.

Mists and WoD and Legion tamers still give full “Tamer XP”, and Legion Family tamers - except Durian, for some odd reason -can be battled repeatedly for full XP, but only while their WQ is up.

This page at Xu-Fu’s explains the Who’s Who of levelling pets fast in BfA:

Just did the pet battle inside my garrison, it gave me 100 XP for each leveling pet.

The garrison does not give much xp, but the master tamers in WOD do.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.