XP off queue times are longer than xp on

best change of bfa smumbag twinks

6 Likes

Don’t mind the change on balance. I’ve played a lot in lower brackets and did always enjoy when it was more competitive, and we had more of a “community” feel to it with the smaller playerbase, reminded me a lot of how server communities / battlegroups were back in the day.

What I don’t like is the lack of communication. We could have been prepared for this, spread the word, weathered the storm and still been able to play. We probably still can, and yes there are people who wanted to slaughter people, but I sincerely believe there’s a lot that aren’t.

It’s a good change. But we really needed to know about it beforehand so the community was prepared.

4 Likes

probabalt you can all go back to pretending you have a ounce of skill then while playing overgeared chars

9 Likes

Always found it funny how the twink community that always claimed it was all about “fighting other twinks,not destroying defenseless players” disappeared overnight when Blizzard listened to them and made twinks queue with other twinks

23 Likes

Sweet tears of twinks

11 Likes

Who’s cryin’ ?

Still got our community. Whilst people are running their subs out there’ll be Wargames and all that shinny new Epic gear to make us stronger.

Fun detected, fun nerfed. Am I supposed to stay and wpvp against 120s with my twink now? Guess yes cuz 110 already had looooong q’s. Thank you Blizzard for this wonderful change, I could not think of a better way to stop twinks! Hope the lvlers can have fun now. As if me I’ll just do what I should’ve done long ago and unsub… now that pvp can be trash at low lvl aswell as max, there is nothing more keeping me in this game… Was fun while it lasted it seems…
And to those that say things bout twinks being no skill ppl,I got to know some that played well better than avg. Lvler and had decent pvp exp…

3 Likes

(Note that I haven’t twinked since I did 69 twinking in wotlk, but considered starting again when the queues merged and with the removal of stat templates in 8.0)

I don’t like this change. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had was in lower level brackets. And then you level up and go into a completely different bracket altogether.
I liked the idea of turning exp off so you could “save” a character in the bracket. Of course this produced twinks. That is obvious. Getting the best gear at top level is not strange, nor is it here. I enjoyed saving the characters in legion. I enjoyed playing the bracket.

I simply do not enjoy level 120 content in general.

“Oh no, now I have to queue against other twinks” - I mean, I didn’t even twink, I just enjoyed the brackets. And I would be fine with this.
The trouble is the lack of participation. If there were ENOUGH twinks to fill a bg, it would be great. But there’s not.
So the change stinks.

It being also completely back-handed also reeks of deceit.

This is not a fun way of being forced to participate in max-level content. Make the max-level content good first, then we’ll talk.

12 Likes

Once word gets out about this que time will get much shorter. Levelling in bgs will be much more appealing without twinks.

16 Likes

I think you are over-estimating the amount of people online at the same time that twinking pushed out.

It might have a change, but it will likely be +/- 0 since the twinks were also the most avid queuers.

Time will be the test of that, but it’s PvP so there will never be balance, twinks or no twinks. You’ll still have half the people queuing that are playing without slots filled, against people who have enchanted looms supplemented by a few Epics that now drop from quests. Classes aren’t balanced, skill isn’t balanced.

It’s not going to be the panacea you seem to think it will be.

1 Like

Maybe but your average player looking to lvl a toon fast can now que for bgs knowing they’re in for a fair fight. Twinks in a bg with people with gear they just got from quests and stuff is just a bad experience for them and should never had happened.

7 Likes

twinks are 100% no skill why not play at max level you wanna play at lower levels because it requites absolute zero skill

6 Likes

So questing for gear isn’t fair?

I have already said this, and I’ll say it again, throw away twinks will once again be a thing. 10 -19 Bracket, 60-69 Bracket, 101 -109 Brackets are all ideal for throw away twinks.

Personally I enjoyed playing twinks because the playerbase was far smaller, I knew almost everyone, it was fun to queue with and against all of them because we all had a character at least per faction. It was also great in this world of infinite titanforging and RNG loot to have a character that actually felt complete.

4 Likes

and playing a 120 with 50 - 100 ilevel advantage over a fresh 120 does?

Do you also advocate making separate queues at 120 for players with less than 360 ilevel and those above then?

4 Likes

Thank god! I made a post about this a week or so ago, so this is great news! We can finally level through BGs again without getting one shot.

Been leveling my Zandalari now and I’ve had no trouble getting BGs

10 Likes

You will get one shot by 110 in open world since you dinged 120. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The last fun part of playing a twink. :smile:

1 Like

straight up fire the guy who came up with this decision, and livestream it so I can make sure he’s jobless.

4 Likes