1. Raid comp
  2. Raid average ilvl/gear
  3. Raid average skill level
  4. Raid strategy + DPS distribution.
  5. Resulting overall kill time
  6. Personal skill
  7. Personal gear
  8. Personal RNG.

I’ve never had full BIS gear, also never had trouble parsing well. If I wanted to parse even better I wouldn’t be looking for better gear, I’d be looking for a more ambitious guild that runs less healers and has tighter strategy/execution. Gear doesn’t matter that much other than a general motivation to gradually improve it over time.

3 Likes

Ok then you can prove us that you can be top player with your Naxx gear on Ulduar then right ? :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to see that.

And, please, stop trying to explain me how to parse and listing like if i didn’t know all of that.

So for anyone interested, the nerf is already live on US realms and its pretty hard.

You now need to burst down like 26 million HP on HM including the heart.

The nerf numbers are in, they dumped it by about 50% which means it has 11million less HP than it did in 2009 after the final nerf where it was already easy. This is gigantic, it’s probably the easiest hardmode now.

What you mean like literally every guild was a week ago? You can check my logs anyway, Quattro on Gehennas. Not even close to BIS during T7, not even close to T7 BIS going into T8.

Check any fight rankings, you see plenty of people in the top 10 with less than ideal items in some slots. The rank 1 Warrior on Cat Lady is an asian player using 2 hit rating trinkets, an objectively worse setup than everyone else in the top 100, his weapons are great but the other Warrior in my guild has better weapons and about the same gear otherwise.

Parsing isn’t about gear.

The dps check WAS the challenge.

Do you not understand that, by forcing the raid to deal a certain amount of damage in a given amount of time. You are challenging the DPS ability to deal damage, the healers ability to heal and the raids ability as a whole to the max.

By reducing the total damage required from approximately 57 million, down to approximately 32 million. You have reduced the mandatory output of a 20 DPS raid group from 7900, to 4400.

I simply do not understand where the supposed challenge is anymore. Most other difficult fights, actively attempt to prevent the raid from bringing too many healers. Lest the players simply bring 10, and trivialize any attempt by the encounter to kill the players. Even bringing as many as 8 healers, 16 dps will only need to provide 5500dps each. In fact, literally half the raid can be healers, and the remaining DPS will need to do less damage than pre-nerf values.

1 Like

The adjustments to 10-player and 25-player Hard Modes went live to all realms about 4 hours ago.

• 10 Player Hardmode
    • Total Damage required to defeat XT-002 reduced by 20% during the Heartbreak Phase.
    • Heartbreak Health % Buff is now 40% (was 90%).
    • Heartbreak Buff Health: is now 8,400,000 (was 11,400,000).
    • Life Spark Health is now 100,800.
  • 25 Player Hardmode
    • Heartbreak Health % Buff is now 40% (was 90%).
    • Base Health is now 18,000,000 (was 25,000,000).
    • Heart Health is now 4,410,000 (was 6,125,000).
    • Heartbreak Buff Health is now 25,200,000 (was 47,500,000).
    • Life Spark Health is now 302,400 (was 352,800).

While i agree that the nerf is extremely hard. The pre nerf version was just legit unkillable.
To down 63,75M HP (25% of 25M +10M of the heart + 45M after engaging the hardmode) in 6 minutes (360 seconds) you need an average raid DPS of 177k which means with 20 DPS classes its about 8850 dps from every single dps. This might be manageable in a fight like Patchwork where you’ve literally nothing else to do than bonking the sh*t out of the boss. But on XT you have Sparks which have to be killed before they overwhelm your healers in the next Tantrum and you have Gravity Bombs forcing one player to move out of the group which means a damage loss in that time window. Even worse if the target is a melee class.

Still - I get that the nerfs are making this fight a cakewalk. But please spare us from the “it was a challenge” bullsh*t ignoring the numbers you’ve to achieve with the circumstances given in that specific fight.

An unkillable boss is not really a challenge.

1 Like

Is there any news about the T8 Restoration Druid 4 pieces setbonus? Somehow it’s urgent to nerf the Tier 1 meme which is literally a memespec for one boss, but not to give any news on the broken state of the current Tier set.

The instant heal is the nerfed version - which is a bit odd since we have most of the pre-nerfed Ulduar bosses. And the instant heal occures every other instead of every Rejuvenation.

Would be nice to get any news about that. For example that the Team working on Bugs is aware of it.

You dont know how parsing works so thats why people have to explain it to you.

I don’t think it was meant to be killable in week 1 or week 3.

Complete the raid enough time and your raid will eventually have enough gear to best it.

Wasnt that the whole idea of these pre nerf bosses and changes and all that stuff … to make it last longer, to offer some challenge and stuff ?

It was killable, you just had to be super tryhard … or … OR

You could just wait few weeks and roflstomp it anyway …

Its not like the actual boss is difficult, there is no 64641341 insta kill mechanics like retail mythics or stuff like that … it was literally just number game, you can skip it for now, or give it one or two tries every week to see if you got better, and then after few weeks of gearing up you would kill it passively without trying …

(PS: and I think this isnt even the end of it … put on your tinfoil hats and read description of the curve achiev, I think there will be even more nerfs coming in the future)

1 Like

DJChimpsoul doesn’t know how anything works. Wiping the drool off of his keyboard must be a fulltime job for his carer.

1 Like

Wow community council are apart of many decisions nowdays in wow, none of them cleared SWP before wotlk pre patch, it says alot about how the game is managed today and what ppl it caters for.

Sadly it was :frowning:

Maybe classic is not for you? Retail is prob your style, you will be full BiS after 2-3 weeks.

Yes sorry doing 99.5% ranking on P1 with a none parse guild, split raid to stuff reroll and, no full BIS.
But i don’t know. Yeah Yeah sure.

Btw, go nerf Hodir and the boring Vezaxx now.

Look at your average Ilvl parses then. Then you compete with ppl on your level.

First of, you can count the heart as 5 million since it takes 200% damage.

Second, i agree that a nerf was warranted. Personally thought they were going to reduce the heartbreaker buff from 90% bonus hp, to the final value of 60%.

That way, the DPS requirement would nerf the total HP down to 51 250 000. Counting heart health as half, since it takes 200% dmg. / 360 seconds = 142 360 raid dps.
21 dps = 6700
20 dps = 7100
19 dps = 7500
Life spark adds 20k raid dps, but some of that is cleave. So you’re not quite subtracting 20k from boss dps, nor did i calculate tank damage to boss.

Now you can 5 heal it, and the DPS requirement is still less than what it was with 90%. If you 4 heal it, the DPS requirement is significantly less.

The boss is still optional btw. The boss still only drops 6, 252 items. Of which there are ilvl 232, 239 and even 245 alternatives. No single class/specc is losing more than a single item, and most lose 0 from not doing HM XT.

Kaivax dropping in for the third, maybe fourth yearly thread post.

Someone probably just remembered there actually are EU forums :smiley:

With your bm specc that no one plays?