Yeah if you could stop crying about PI then that would be great

I still think PI is something unique. When the problem is blizzard balancing other specs because of the existance of PI then blizzard is the big fool here. PI is fine when blizz would not do this. Imo the bigger problems are the class buffs like for example mages are giving.

If you can not give normal arguments i press Doubt on that statement.

ay caramba breaking the social contract there buddy

1 Like

If anything, we’d need more spells like PI with the introduction (Or brining back) R dps, which means that the dps value is attributed to the one giving the buff rather than the one receiving it. For example, ret paladin blessings were contributing to my dps rather than the one getting it but Blizzard decided to remove that idea. That should be the way forward so that dps classes are no longer being gutted by pi and external being a thing.

I mean; where is my HPS when i press aura mastery or blessing of protection on my hpala? Isn’t the idea to beat stuff in the game together and use logs to improve? Don’t see those things as rankings. I probably better dont press devo, since that means i got less stuff to heal which is bad for my hps?

2 Likes

There are lots of buffs.
Niya Herbs +5% haste to the group(as healer it is almost always on)
Echo of Eonar
Theotar Tea time.
But PI bothers some because it is class specific.

Need a ferari car!

The thing is that hps does not matter. If anything, whenever heals have good logs then it kinda implies there is a lot of slacking going on.

On a more serious tone, A team is supposed to fight together to overcome a challenged rather than thinking aboot some kind of e-ego numbers. Heck the policy in my guild is that gray logs are better than no log at all.

1 Like

Healers are trying to look good on the meter just like dps. It is both useless when you wipe, and also when you succeed :grin: But there is no difference between hps and dps. I want my aura mastery to count, and bop counting how much damage i prevented.

1 Like

Sounds like bad guild management. I had no idea guilds still tolerated tantrums, heh. Although mythic raiding guilds can get pretty toxic.

PI is fine and having classes that bring in stuff that can help you push harder to topple a boss is good. We need more skills like it, not less.

The problem isn’t with PI, but with how warcraftlogs handles data and player ranking. We are literally discussing a good gameplay mechanic because a 3rd party website ranks players in a way we consider flawed.

We could be asking for wclogs to have separate rating for players with and without PI, we could be asking for adjusted ratings for the presence of PI… the game shouldn’t be altered because of a 3rd party service’s data parsing and rankings. Sorry.

The better alternative is to close down the API and break warcraftlogs.

3 Likes

If you two have zero idea about the game just say so. Actually dont, because i can already see it. But at this point you two are just amusing me so please do continue.

I mean i can already see how you dont even get that this nerf was a 4.5% ST nerf that even became worse given the design of the bosses as far as timers are concerned

Sorry is this your way of saying that you have no actual proof that Blizzard explicitly say that they make class tuning around PI? At this point you have launched more ad hominem than contributing anything of value.

Think I’ve asked…3 times now? And each time you have responded with a small dig, as if killing raid bosses after HoF (and in your case, your failure to after the most and heaviest nerfs of all time) is worth bragging about. See, I can make digs, too.

The only people that complain about PI are the ones that take the game too seriously and their salty little tears are delightful.

PI is the fine the way it is. Get over it, it’s just a game.

That would be so good for the general health of not just the game but the community as a whole.

You just have to believe Kretias knows best! Being a passive aggressive knowitall is their schtick man.

4 Likes

He’s probably not wrong about it. The thing that got nerfed was the only thing that makes it scale so well with PI. Demo does fairly average DPS without it. Blizzard will never admit to that, they just said it was overperforming.
You can also give a demo lock 2x PI at the same time. One for the caster and one for the tyrant, which is a bit nuts. Not sure if it’s really caught on, though.

Aint that the truth.

thats what i think of when i see people crying about PI…

1 Like

This could simply be coincidence. It is entirely different to:

^ Is simply an inference made from class tuning. Until Blizzard say ‘x is overperforming BECAUSE of its interaction with PI’, then you cannot make such a claim.

Looks like I hit a nerve.

3 Likes

I don’t believe it to be a coincidence. If you go back to before the nerf and look through the numbers, it seems fairly obvious that demo wasn’t overperforming unless it had PI funnelled into it.

Okay…so can you link me Blizzard saying that they consider PI when tuning or not?

We’re just going round in circles here. They just said it was overperforming…