Yes to the lvl squish!

whatever you say,their respond (those 2 against level squish) will be negative,you’re wrong they are in good!. at this point they are starting to become boring,all i see is those to respond nonsense to every comment…

Even if they will do this – Removing all of the current leveling zones a SECOND time would cause a massive uproar and will make more players quit than bring new players to the game. We already have gigantic problems with removing content as is and you’re proposing something like this?

Unless they somehow manage to retain the current versions of the leveling zones while also implementing new versions… But if you want to have double the content and at that point you’re better off just bringing back the vanilla versions in addition to keeping the current cataclysm versions instead of having to re-design everything like you want them to.

Exactly, like I said… you’re better off implementing a Caverns of Time portal to the vanilla-version of Azeroth where people can also choose to level up.

You’d double the leveling content without having to design entirely new zones, quests and stories while at the same time giving players much more choice especially if they apply the scaling tech that we have in current zones to the re-implemented vanilla zones as well.

It’d be a great change buuuut… I can’t say that I see them actually do something like this. That doesn’t mean they won’t do it, sure… but you know.

I’d say my response to this one was pretty positive for him. I sort of agreed with him.

The only person here spouting nonsense is you. I’m still waiting for your reason behind why you want a level squish, by the way.

2 Likes

Where did I insult people or was negative? Negative because I’m against unless it comes with something else? A potential improvement? If they do the LV squish like they said nothing will have changed except for a number. Getting to max level will be the same time required as now and getting a new skill/pasisve the same. The only thing that will have changed is an illusion you got it faster, instead of 78 you got it at 39! But the required XPwas the exact same, you had to do the same exact number of quest, battlegrounda and dungeons to get there and they took the same time.

I’m not against it, I’m against the current form or the most likely form. All that will do is potentially introduce bugs. If it gets introduced with less XP needed it will make a difference, but if lv new lv 2 will be old 4 but they just add the experience fof 2, 3 and 4 together. Difference in leveling will be 0 and it will just be an illusion.

Btw the leveling problems aren’t easily solved by a simple squish it goes way deeper than it and it’s very simply just boring rehased zones of 11+ years old. No amount of squish wil make it better, they need to make leveling more dynamic like naga coastal invasions and other events happening. 2nd problem with Bliz leveling it’s static, can’t even bring myself to do BfA zones anymore.

2 Likes

Also a very good point. Having timed events is a great idea.

1 Like

still, worthless without alvl squish :confused: 120 isa HUUUUUUUUUUUGE number. make it 70

Do the math for me and show me a list of what level turns in to what?

I did it earlier when I spoke about halving it:

Squishing to level 60 is perfect because you get nice half-numbers that aren’t confusing to players or developers.

You can’t achieve the same thing if you squish lv120 to lv70 or lv80.

We are in a unique position for a level squish now because you can precisely half them. It’ll become more difficult and messy if we had to half lv130.

Edit: Not to mention that if you squish to lv60 you can do four more expansions that increase the level cap by 5 until you reach a point where you can’t go any further (lv80 should be max). You can also not squish the levels any more than once. So after this level squish… that’s it. You can’t do more.

If you squish to lv70 or 80 you can’t do any more expansions because the level cap would again… be too high, which is why you guys want a level squish in the first place…???

1 Like

go lvl cap 40 then even better and will last another decade.

Do the math and you’ll see that that’ll never work.

1 Like

No need to have 150 low lvl bracjkets 10-20 20030 30-40 low lvl brackets and 40 max lvl. easy

With my numbers there would be 12 pvp brackets including endgame. What are you on?

Also lv40 would never work. The power increases between levels would either be nonexistend or far too large.

Again – Do the math before you make ridiculous suggestions.

12 pvp brackets is WAAAAY too much. all low lvl brackets are currently dead why the hek would u wanna bring more into the game

It’s not. We have that many currently and it works completely fine and without any issues whatsoever.

Lol no they’re not and the only reason that the queues are a bit slow is because people like you wanted twinks gone and Blizzard listened.

That’s your own faults.

Are you ok ? Im the first one who literally cried on the forums regarding the change. I been twinking 60s and 70s since WOTLK and beeing doing shiloads of PVP especially in Alterac Valley . Good memories vs IDDQD !

I meant “you” like an over-all term like “You people that wanted twinks gone”, not you in particular. my bad.

To be honest, I personally would not mind, but Cataclysm did an overhaul of old zones and that is part why many call it one of the of not the worst expansion (makes me kind of sad I liked it - probably because I did my first time raids in a nice guild).
Blizzard said they probably won’t do something simmilar and the update of old regions would kind of contradict this.

I don’t mind a level squish, in only fear it takes a lot of resources and produces nothing of value. And the expansion they implement it therefore lacks a lot of content

1 Like

It’s not that they revamped the zones. It’s that they removed the old zones.

If Cataclysm would have had Caverns of Time portals to the vanilla zones it would have been an incredible expansion.

2 Likes

I agree apart from the raids were too small .

To be honest everything would be nice if we had some sort of portals accessing all old areas quests and farms, and if all raids where available at max level . IT Would add choice. Screw you and your BOD!!! icba jaina im gonna roll my AQ for the same ilvl gear. Or MEEEEH ICBA Bugs gonna clear black temple. Or it would be nice if we could access any raid with 5 ilvls lower than current tier for instance. hmmmhmhmmhmm

im sorry, but i do not understand how people still think that reducing the level amount will solve anything, hence i must repeat my previous statement. the only thing it will save is new players not looking at a 120 mountain, but that could be negated in other ways.

reducing the number of levels will not fix the issue, and with people at the very least split on this issue will make it more likely that Ion will push it. its already been mentioned somewhere that the amount of xp will be doubled, so the amount of time needed to get to the squished cap of 60 (or whatever it will be) and the current cap of 120 wont be much different.

this is just smoke and mirrors and slight of hand by Ion and co. i wish people would start realizing this in regards of the current development team.

a simple fix would be to just reduce the amount of xp needed from 1-120. but this wont solve everyones gripes. like some mentioned, running new allied races through events that “took place” years ago is just weird. and people are just bored with the zones as they have done them so many times.

there is no simple fix. and a lvl squish wont help. it will in fact make matters worse.

1 Like

this as well actually. we basically have hillsbrad foothills whole zone (mostly) with “old Hillsbrad foothills” dungeon. they could have done the same with other areas. i miss an intact damn at the wetlands/loch modan border :frowning:

1 Like