Yes to the lvl squish!

I haven’t seen more than three and none of you provided any reason as to “why” you want it other than “because there’d be less levels”, which isn’t good enough of a reason to make a change that overhauls the entire game.

Why? You’re one-shotting mobs as we speak. You can pull ten or fifteen of them without taking damage if you play a class that has either an AoE ability or a single HoT or Heal.

You do actually. That’s the entire point of “feedback”.

No. You’re a troll because you’re just trying to drag this conversation out and because you blatantly refuse to give us a reason behind “why” you want this change.

1 Like

It’s 10 years+3 i do the same old quests. Im getting tired about that

But your still going to need to do same quests at some point they will not redo every quest like cata because people went mental .

Actually it’s been about 8 years because they changed all the quests in Cataclysm.

Personally I believe that they should just remove the minimum level requirements of every single zone (per expansion) and allow people to choose any zone that they wish at any time.

That way it wouldn’t get boring.

Also – you can’t prevent quests getting a bit boring unless you wish to change EVERY single quest every 5-6 years and that is never going to happen. Too much work. Too much loss of existing content.

At best they can increase player choice.

Let me join in and make us 3.
I don’t see, why Blizzard should invest time in rebalancing everything, just to display a smaller number. With lesser levels the time you acquire talents and skills will shift backwards therefore early content has to get scaled down by a lot and you will spend more time with less skills talents. As everything scales up - pressing one button over and over to kill a mob in the early levels is daunting enough, I have no need for this to be prolonged.
If the predicted amount of time spent is intended to stay about the same to max level - I have no issue with seeing twice the number.
The problem with current leveling is not to many levels but too many empty levels above 60, where you don’t gain anything.
I would like more choices for passives, to adapt a few talents (like glyphs in cataclysm and to fill out everything give a few points to spend on baseline secondary stats and maybe even tertiary) - I see that more active abilities is kind of difficult to handle (either they won’t be used at all or there would be huge cooldown rotations cluttering the UI), but giving some passives every (few) level(s) would make a level up at least less empty.
And if you remove these stats from future gear, there would be no need for a huge amount of rebalancing.
Of course this would be little of a choice because those passives would be optimized and the majority would take the same, however you would see progression for your character every level.

Yes you do because rebalancing around shifting some skills to the back need resources. And that would be just to display a smaller number (sorry, in this case I don’t get all the psychological reasons).

But how is this related to a level squish?
They do not intend to overhaul the regions as far as I understand. (If they would do an overhaul and therefore rebalancing would be essential, I would not mind a level squish in any way)

What?

This is no reason as I don’t see any link to a level squish and

i don’t see any explanation either.
So there might be a reason and an explanation but not in the OP.
(Btw I would not mind if the ones interested in PvP would get some bonus XP events)

3 Likes

TBH,talents we have now can easly made to lvl 60,and we get spells all up until to 85,i dont see any reason going over 85 whatsoever,i’d like to see next expansion to be max 60,maybe 70 so it wont be same like Classic.

1 Like

You can’t just pick a random number you think sounds well and hope that squishing it to that works out.

Halving 120 is perfect because nothing changes except for having less levels which is exactly the result that this change is meant to accomplish.

Do the math for me to prove that squishing 120 to lv70 works as well?

ok 8. too much.

i said an update and a squish

i would like an update and a squish

for me an update without a squish and a squish without an update would be useless.

And what do you suggest an “update” would do? …don’t say “I just want an update ok.”

1 Like

You want them to rewrite every quest like they did in Cata and face a massive uproar again after removeing so much ?

It is bad enough now we have to run cloth/mail/leather/plate wearers through each quest to get each mog option because they removed they choice of rewards .

1 Like

New quests. New storyline. An updated story. in the old zones. tbc zones finally in the 2019, with no ambassadors roaming in silvermoon.
But this would require an entire expac so i know is almost impossible.
Ppl will roar losing their old beloved storyline. But maybe the classic could be the passpartout to appease the oldstyle lovers (Me) with the bored ppl (me)

whatever you say,their respond (those 2 against level squish) will be negative,you’re wrong they are in good!. at this point they are starting to become boring,all i see is those to respond nonsense to every comment…

Even if they will do this – Removing all of the current leveling zones a SECOND time would cause a massive uproar and will make more players quit than bring new players to the game. We already have gigantic problems with removing content as is and you’re proposing something like this?

Unless they somehow manage to retain the current versions of the leveling zones while also implementing new versions… But if you want to have double the content and at that point you’re better off just bringing back the vanilla versions in addition to keeping the current cataclysm versions instead of having to re-design everything like you want them to.

Exactly, like I said… you’re better off implementing a Caverns of Time portal to the vanilla-version of Azeroth where people can also choose to level up.

You’d double the leveling content without having to design entirely new zones, quests and stories while at the same time giving players much more choice especially if they apply the scaling tech that we have in current zones to the re-implemented vanilla zones as well.

It’d be a great change buuuut… I can’t say that I see them actually do something like this. That doesn’t mean they won’t do it, sure… but you know.

I’d say my response to this one was pretty positive for him. I sort of agreed with him.

The only person here spouting nonsense is you. I’m still waiting for your reason behind why you want a level squish, by the way.

2 Likes

Where did I insult people or was negative? Negative because I’m against unless it comes with something else? A potential improvement? If they do the LV squish like they said nothing will have changed except for a number. Getting to max level will be the same time required as now and getting a new skill/pasisve the same. The only thing that will have changed is an illusion you got it faster, instead of 78 you got it at 39! But the required XPwas the exact same, you had to do the same exact number of quest, battlegrounda and dungeons to get there and they took the same time.

I’m not against it, I’m against the current form or the most likely form. All that will do is potentially introduce bugs. If it gets introduced with less XP needed it will make a difference, but if lv new lv 2 will be old 4 but they just add the experience fof 2, 3 and 4 together. Difference in leveling will be 0 and it will just be an illusion.

Btw the leveling problems aren’t easily solved by a simple squish it goes way deeper than it and it’s very simply just boring rehased zones of 11+ years old. No amount of squish wil make it better, they need to make leveling more dynamic like naga coastal invasions and other events happening. 2nd problem with Bliz leveling it’s static, can’t even bring myself to do BfA zones anymore.

2 Likes

Also a very good point. Having timed events is a great idea.

1 Like

still, worthless without alvl squish :confused: 120 isa HUUUUUUUUUUUGE number. make it 70

Do the math for me and show me a list of what level turns in to what?

I did it earlier when I spoke about halving it:

Squishing to level 60 is perfect because you get nice half-numbers that aren’t confusing to players or developers.

You can’t achieve the same thing if you squish lv120 to lv70 or lv80.

We are in a unique position for a level squish now because you can precisely half them. It’ll become more difficult and messy if we had to half lv130.

Edit: Not to mention that if you squish to lv60 you can do four more expansions that increase the level cap by 5 until you reach a point where you can’t go any further (lv80 should be max). You can also not squish the levels any more than once. So after this level squish… that’s it. You can’t do more.

If you squish to lv70 or 80 you can’t do any more expansions because the level cap would again… be too high, which is why you guys want a level squish in the first place…???

1 Like

go lvl cap 40 then even better and will last another decade.

Do the math and you’ll see that that’ll never work.

1 Like

No need to have 150 low lvl bracjkets 10-20 20030 30-40 low lvl brackets and 40 max lvl. easy