You can still swap loot specs before a boss and "steal" loot

So you’re gonna roll around with a placeholder weapon to look cool, then click on a macro once you’re in combat to go back to 1h + offhand to, you know, actually play your spec?

Who knows? Maybe I’d just use it to make some cool pictures of my pally, or tmog it on my warrior or dk…? Doesn’t diminish the fact I’d roll for it on every class that has this opportunity.

If that makes them shorten the queue, then sure

Sorry to hear reality hurts.

If i cant roll the item i need because i am playing a different spec then i aint even getting into the raid in the first place.

If the healer is a main retribution who is there just to have a shot at the sword, why should not be able to roll for it? Is this even an argument?

Then dont enter the raid. You are simply circumventing the weak, badly designed rules that blizzard has put for offspec/transmog items. The fact that you can, doesn’t mean that you should. Ofcourse, this has never stopped anyone, that is why there is no point in discussing it, other than blizzard to potentially give it a thought.

Maybe it’s you who shouldn’t enter the raid. I think the majority will prefer that they get a healer so they can kill some bosses. You know, a healer that doesn’t actually need healer loot is probably a well geared one too. Maybe you’re also getting helped by a ret who is so well geared that they are instead picking up healing gear, and thereby won’t be trying to get Ashkandur. Bet you won’t complain when someone offspec gearing is automatically passing on your coveted items.

Playing one spec while rolling for another is not questionable. Changing your loot spec willy-nilly to grab everything from the banquet table is.

Maybe x15 for specific cases…

Talking generally about people “having” the same priority with the players that actually play the role in the current setting. Healers aren’t that uncommon right now.

Also, i am literally talking about playing a spec and changing loot spec to the other one. Is reading comprehension that hard?

i don’t think this is stealing because they can always join a raid as a bis balance druid and roll for off-spec ,it’s sad that you didn’t get the loot but still not stealing imo

So? He had the right to do so. I would’ve done the same probably if I played that offspec. You should know that he purposely swapped lootspec before the fight with the intention of obtaining it. And he did.

You know what, lets bring more awareness to this, I suggest everyone do this for every item (chase/bis items especially) and have 20 people roll for the same item with the same priority. Make it so even transmog can be unlocked by characters that can’t equip the item even. That way you will have it easier on unlocking your perfect look, for your other character that you might log on for a quick daily.

This whole thread now looks like a crying child who didn’t get the candy they wanted.

“Why there’s no candy in my mouth?!”
stomps his foot angrily

I am not circumventing anything, there should never be a rule that force you to loot based on your current spec only. It makes no sense, not every class is x3 dps and people might flex other roles to speed up ques, gear faster etc…

Plus i live and die by the same rule. Cause this rule can benefit me as much as it can hurt me, given that everyone else can do the exact same. But i am okay with that.

If they choose another specialization for that boss is because MAYBE their are trying to target a specific loot, and you are a nobody to come in and be like:

“Uhhhhh duuuhhhh mUh lOoOoT u nInJA”

It is not your loot. Period.

Pugs has no extra rules to it.
So yes, the fact that i can means that i should do if i want that piece.

Maybe i am playing Holy Paladin and want to do some keys here and there as a dps. If i am in fron of Echo of Nelth, why shouldn’t i set Ret to try and have Ashkandur?

Because you would cry if i get it?
Who are you exactly? Who gives you the right over others?

This is just pure entitlement “i play the spec, you barely play it so i deserve the loot”. This is the entire point of this topic.

1 Like

There is a reason MS>OS>Xmog has existed for years. I never wrote anywhere that i would/was mad that i lost fairly to someone else who needed it.

Yet you consider yourself the judge that decides who needs an item and who doesn’t, obviously refusing to accept the fact that if a person hit “need”, then they need it no matter the reason.

Refusing to accept the fact that if a person hit need?

Mate, there is a reason blizzard has integrated different options for rolling, and i am criticizing the abuse of increasing your priority when it is actually lower. This is literally MS > OS.

MS =/= Current played spec.

I remember clearly telling RL in pugs, “i join as a tank but roll as Healer or Dps”.
In fact i was playing my OS in that raid but wanted to roll for my MS.

Your entire argument makes no sense.

There are people who change loot spec and press need on OS gear for no other reason than to use it as a bargaining chip to trade for gear they actually want and will vendor the item after the raid if no opportunity presented itself to capitalize on that value.

In that event, it’s a greed roll that overrules actual greed rolls. Otherwise, it’s a need roll that should be available to any loot spec.

But I mean, acting prosocially doesn’t mean everyone else will, right? If you don’t want to play the degenerate need game, it will still be played against you. I cannot counter the argument that you probably won’t meet these people again, so, shrug. One reason I don’t PUG raid more than absolutely necessary. :grin:

Repeating again that my stance is that playing spec 1 with loot spec 2 the whole raid is perfectly fine behavior in my eyes, but constantly swapping between loot specs 1, 2 and 3 to try to swipe as much loot as possible isn’t.

It’s exactly what you could do with personal loot tho and none was complaining.

The principle was the same, the person just directly got the item into their bag instead of you pressing need on it and losing.

You both automatically pressed need at a chance of loot at each boss.

I covered that in my first reply here. With PL you would use the loot spec that maximizes chances of getting the item you want. With GL you just use the spec that maximizes the number of items you can roll on (while still including your favorite item).

If you want gloves from a boss that drops gloves, bracers and an OS trinket, you would use your MS loot spec under PL, because 50% chance to get them. With this system you would use your OS loot spec, because the chance is unaffected but you can have a go at the trinket too, even if you don’t particularly want it other than as a bargaining chip.

With PL, I had a very specific chance to get loot. Under GL, that chance is suddenly highly dependent on how many people come up with creative reasons to play the loot spec game. It would be far more pleasant if we could shave off the very shady nuances from the need scale, but I can see why PUGs don’t have much incentive to do so.

Yes exaclty, like changing lootspec now to roll on items a spec cannot use.

With PL you, and everyone else rolled. Period.
Boss dropped certain amount of loot based on how many people could loot.

So the game (dont know exactly the process here) but it should be something like this:

15 people here that can loot, everyone rolls, first 3 get the loot. Then, based on loot spec and item chances, you rolled for what loot you would get.

So even with PL you may end up with gloves you did not need that you could trade for the pieces you needed.
While also still targeting what you wanted by swapping loot spec in the process.

You had no control over when n what you rolled on, the game did it for you automatically. Basically like swapping spec and pressing need on as much loot as you can.

If you were satisfied then GZ otherwise you could always try and use your loot to trade.

At worst is the same as with PL if everyone roll on 1 item. It gets better as soon as you get people that pass.